Austin, TX - terrestrial repeater?

mixedupfiles

Dec 14, 2008
Has anyone else in Austin noticed that the sirius signal has gotten much worse over the last week or so? Starting on or around June 22, 2009, I've started to get droupouts under overpasses, in parking garages, in my own garage at home, and in many other places that had never been problematic before. I believe that there is (or was) a repeater on top of Dobie Center on 22nd street which used to be fairly strong all over town. As of last week, though, when I use the "antenna aiming" featue of my sportster replay, even downtown, it doesn't show any terrestrial signal at all.

I don't think that there is anything that can be done if they've decided to pull the plug on the repeater, but I just wanted to see if anyone else in town has has a similar experience recently. If not, then I may start to start troubleshooting my hardware.

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas
Has anyone else in Austin noticed that the sirius signal has gotten much worse over the last week or so? Starting on or around June 22, 2009, I've started to get droupouts under overpasses, in parking garages, in my own garage at home, and in many other places that had never been problematic before. I believe that there is (or was) a repeater on top of Dobie Center on 22nd street which used to be fairly strong all over town. As of last week, though, when I use the "antenna aiming" featue of my sportster replay, even downtown, it doesn't show any terrestrial signal at all.

I don't think that there is anything that can be done if they've decided to pull the plug on the repeater, but I just wanted to see if anyone else in town has has a similar experience recently. If not, then I may start to start troubleshooting my hardware.

I'm not in Austin, but I am having similiar problems out here in Las Vegas

Mr D

Jun 30, 2009
TX - terrestrial repeater?

Yes, it's definitely down and missed! I normally have a strong terrestrial signal on my SL100 inside my home, and the signal is completely gone. I hope Sirius gets some sort of alarm indication when their repeaters are down in order to get someone out to get it back on air soon!

novasbc

Mar 2, 2009
Yeah, I've noticed. I signed up for Sirius on day one, and I am getting the cutouts where I used to back then. I never actually noticed when the repeater came in because the Kenwood tuner I had (very original) didn't give you any information on that. It still works great however, and hoping it stays that way. At some point later I realized the cutouts weren't occurring, and by then I also had a stiletto, and could see that I actually was getting terrestrial.

It's funny, there are a couple of overpasses that I actually lose signal on, and I never figured out the how or why of that!

Mark