Audio clipping?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I've been noticing momentary outages of sound on some of the music channels lately. The audio just clips out ever so slightly, almost like a skip on a CD, and comes right back. I've noticed it mostly when listening to my Inno with the headphones on, and on the hip-hop channels (where I'm tuned a lot of the time). Anyone else notice this? It seems to have cropped up since the channel merger.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I've heard this before and only on portable units. Likely it's a gap in reception. I know on a stiletto if there is a gap, more so if you are listening to buffered music, the stiletto will cut the gap and bring the two segments together. It could be the Inno skipping over parts with no reception. Have you ever noticed this on other channels?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
You know I haven't noticed it a whole lot on other channels. It happens for me on 65, 66, and 67 at the very least. I know what a momentary loss of signal sounds like, and this is not that. It's very quick, and almost sounds like it's a part of the recording (which I know it isn't).

Dark Star

Nov 2, 2008
It's been a couple of months since I've noticed this but I've heard it too. It rendered a couple of stations unlistenable for about a day or so.