Atw #313 -- Milestone Week

What do you consider a milestone?

• A sign giving directions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other definition (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
From the ATW master thread:

Is "milestone theme week" the thing you wrote on a note and couldn't find?

We all post pictures of milestones.

The milestones in our own lives, or general world milestones?

I think it would be more interesting if we let the poster decide. But it would be much funnier if it was actual milestones.

If this is not the theme, I may request a week do do something along these lines.

I will do some sort of milestone week (as promised) on 313.

This week is all about milestones as indicated. And you can interpret anyway you see fit. I have attached a poll to make it interesting. But the poll has no binding on the week. As usual with a poll, selecting multiple choices is for wimps so is disallowed. Keep in mind ATW #313* (a New England * added to it since the date has moved) does not start until this Sunday 04/09. Let the discussion on what is a milestone commence.

Reactions: Wolf and JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Well, I am unable to update my avatar again. Or upload the picture. But when I can this is what it will be.

I voted for personal milestone and have a nice picture from our balcony at Barbados. This trip was a milestone celebration trip. Last spring, my wife started feeling unwell. Towards the end of the spring this resulted in the first of many trips to the hospital and the eventual diagnosis in September of cancer. She started treatment in October which kicked her butt almost as much as the cancer and included many more trips to the hospital. She completed treatment in February and this trip was our carrot at the end to celebrate the milestone of being cancer free. So once I get the ability to post an avatar, I will make this mine for at least a week.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
I'll post this as my avatar as soon as the avatar posting issues are straightened out:

4fviuh.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
maybe someone married for 50 years or someone on the same job for 25 years
I'm hitting 33 years at my job, and this year will be our 20th wedding anniversary (2nd time for both of us).

But for milestones, I was going to pick among these:

A picture of my older daughter and I at her wedding in 2015;
Plans for the new house we're designing and building for the next stage of our lives;
or this, which is coming-up this year:

When Can You Begin Receiving Your Pension?
• An early retirement pension, with payments beginning between ages 55 and 65, with at least 10 years of Early Retirement Service. Eligibility for an early retirement pension requires that your service ended after your 55th birthday

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Thank you to DrDroo for moving DRC to a new server and avatars can work again. Sine IRBS milestone week #313 never took off and it will be for the week of 3/18/17 - 3/24/17. The new ATW schedule will be figured out shortly.

I'll post a milestone pic in a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHDK