Atw #207 Heavy Metal

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Oh man, heavy f'n metal is probably my biggest favorite music category. I could go with true classic heavy metal bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, White Zombie, etc., Everyday favorites Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, etc. or up to the new generation of heavy metal like Arch Enemy, Disturbed, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Five Finger Death Punch, Static-X, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Machine Head, etc. and I might copy Evil and post different ones every couple of days.

But for now I'll go with one of my favorite heavy metal bands, which i have seen a couple times Mudvayne. Unfortunately, the band is not together anymore, because of they have issues with one of another and maybe hopefully one day they will reunite? By the way, this is what they use to look like when they played.

This is my favorite song from Mudvayne the uncesored version "Dig"

Last edited:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sorry, but Steel Panther a pretty entertaining bad to listening to and the name Death Bliss is pretty creative.
It's not that at all.

Obviously, the picture in my avatar is a real band. I know that. There was no bubble to burst. I didn't invite three models over in glam metal gear for a photo shoot. I googled it.

"Deathbliss" comes from a recent NPR Tiny Desk Concert featuring actor John C. Reilly. He plays music in addition to acting in bad comedies. About midway through, the female in his band says something about worshiping "deathless bliss" as their religion. I thought it was a funny, kind of oddball thing to say, so I made a little vinyl album cover of an imaginary band I named "Deathblisss" (whom we now know to be Steel Panther) and sent it to the friend who had shared the NPR link with me.

That's the story.

Reactions: Wolf

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hey, JT won the 1st heavy metal Grammy.
Like I posted in some other thread a while back, the meaning of "heavy metal" has changed quite a bit over the years, even though most any rational fan would have never placed Jethro Tull under the heavy metal category using any definition of the word. It was used to describe a lot of mainstream, guitar-heavy pop-rock music for a while, until shit really got weird and it was clear that heavy metal really meant dudes screaming non-stop into a microphone. Then the metal bands became hard rock, and the hard rock bands became Boston, which is now easy listening adult stuff but was once about as hard as it came.

Reactions: semipenguin