1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

AT40 PAD Data not being relayed to my SL2

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Jan 11, 2009.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Today's AT40 on 8 countdown shows some Rick Springfield song on the PAD data while the AT40 is running. XM has the title AT40 01/03/1980 and the proper song title. The countdown being run is the top 50 from 1980.

I love how well these things are planned. At least no dropouts so far.
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm really loving these countdowns that cover the entire year, in this case 1980. But, I'm getting the same thing on the display as you are getting.
    (Listening online, sirius.com)
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

I do to. I am recording the latest half of it since I will be away from the house for a bit. I won't be able to skip songs.
  4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Does it seems like the PAD data gets stuck a lot now that the channels have merged?
  5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

It's been happening a lot on The Bridge.

Often times, the display just reads...
    The Bridge
    The Bridge
  6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

There seems to be some incompatibility somewhere between the two systems, because I have seen many times where it is stuck on Sirius, but not on XM. Just like today on '80s countdown.
  7. semipenguin

semipenguin Dy-no-mite!

I just finish listening to that Best of 1980 countdown on my XMP3. It updated every song. The only thing wrong was the date. It said 84, not 81...:shock:

Now on to the football game...:)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

In my car it said AT40 01/81 (the short title).

The 80s PAD data remained screwed even after the countdown. Seems find now.

Interesting SL2 note, if you have a 2 hour recording of the same song and you do a skip to next, it will skip to the 15 minute mark rather than to the next recording.
    semipenguin likes this.
  9. crazeecarroll

crazeecarroll Member

Heck even before the merger the PAD DATA would get stuck with Sirius... Seems to always happen right b4 and after any channel updates... CC
  10. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 New Member

I also believe this was the show they played the week prior! They are really treating the 80s station well...
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

The 8PM is a replay of the prior week. I listened to that one last night and noticed they never played 99 Luft Ballons at #35. You hear Casey describe it and that they are playing an AT40 mixed languate version then you hear him saying "That was 99 Luft Ballons". They never actually played the song.