ASUS Eee PC 1005 HA Review

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Some burning software will let you burn to a network shared DVD drive.

Optical is dead. (untill they can get rid of the spinning disc part...)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If you need that, you can use an external DVD writer. Asus sells one for$55. I've got several on our desktops, so I've never needed one the netbook.

You know, that isn't a bad idea.

I"m going to start looking soon. I love the size of a netbook but since it probably won't really leave the house, size doesn't matter for my wife (she tells me this all the time!!!!!) and a laptop may just be the way to go for the dvd burning.

XAN USER says that optical is dead---not quite. It is probably on it's last leg but as long a blu ray is out there (and DVD) optical is still needed.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
You know, that isn't a bad idea.

I"m going to start looking soon. I love the size of a netbook but since it probably won't really leave the house, size doesn't matter for my wife (she tells me this all the time!!!!!) and a laptop may just be the way to go for the dvd burning.

Even around the house, small is convenient. Girth, though, should never be sacrificed.

XAN USER says that optical is dead---not quite. It is probably on it's last leg but as long a blu ray is out there (and DVD) optical is still needed.

Eh, not so much. I still rent DVDs from Netflix, but network storage is so cheap these days that I'd rather just save stuff there. It's so much easier to find the movie you want when the computer can search for you, and you never forget to put it back in the jewel case.