artist alert on sl2?

redmenter

Oct 2, 2009
Hello all,
So i have had my sl2 a few months now, and other than a few bugs, reception issues it seems pretty good. But one feature my $50 starmate had that i loved loved loved was artist alert. When an artist or song i really like was on i could store it and the starmate would keep an eye out for that and beep when that artist/song was on any channel on sirius, and show me the channel etc... Is this SL2 capable of that feature??? sure sucks not having it

thanks

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Hello all,
So i have had my sl2 a few months now, and other than a few bugs, reception issues it seems pretty good. But one feature my $50 starmate had that i loved loved loved was artist alert. When an artist or song i really like was on i could store it and the starmate would keep an eye out for that and beep when that artist/song was on any channel on sirius, and show me the channel etc... Is this SL2 capable of that feature??? sure sucks not having it

thanks

No.

None of the recordable devices have the artist alert. The S50, the SL100 and the SL2 do not have it.

tbone

Oct 23, 2008
That is a feature that is really missed. I don't know why they don't have it on the SL2 when you can get sport updates on the device.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
The whole "Hypothetical Stiletto Mod" thread got me thinking.....

The reason the SL2 doesn't have the artist/song seek is because of it's recording capability. Is it because you can set up recordings or because of the little "heart" button? In my almost 2 years (I think) of owning the SL2, the only time I have used that button is when I hit it accidentally. I could see how someone might use the seek and heart buttons to record their favorite artists, but that doesn't appeal to me. I would rather have the seek feature. what do ya'll think?

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008

The reason the SL2 doesn't have the artist/song seek is because of it's recording capability. Is it because you can set up recordings or because of the little "heart" button? In my almost 2 years (I think) of owning the SL2, the only time I have used that button is when I hit it accidentally. I could see how someone might use the seek and heart buttons to record their favorite artists, but that doesn't appeal to me. I would rather have the seek feature. what do ya'll think?

Yeah, the SL10 didn't have the heart feature that let you keep individual songs, so it was allowed to have artist seek.

It is really infuriating that they never made a portable device that could do everything. Getting everything you wanted required having more than one.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Ideally there would be an option to be able to choose 1 of the 2 modes or be not allowed to heart a song you seek to.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I'm the other way. I'd rather be able to store some more tunes to listen to when I'm portable. Flipping over to a song that's already started would drive me nuts.

That's why I loaded up the SD card with tunes, and if there's a song I really like I go out and buy, so that they are there if I go portable. the problem with that is I end up mashing the remote button to go through songs I want to hear.

I don't like having to search through all the channels to find something I want to listen to, which I guess is a side effect of not liking just certain genres but certain artists.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That's why I loaded up the SD card with tunes, and if there's a song I really like I go out and buy, so that they are there if I go portable. the problem with that is I end up mashing the remote button to go through songs I want to hear.

I don't like having to search through all the channels to find something I want to listen to, which I guess is a side effect of not liking just certain genres but certain artists.

True story.

Options are good!

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Things I didn't like about about using the SL2 as an ipod:

1. Putting songs on with the MSS software.
2. No playlists for MP3s.
3. It's not loud enough.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com

3. It's not loud enough.

1. I don't use MSS, it is pretty much brickware to me, I just plug the card in directly to the computer and copy from there.

2. I thought there was a way to do playlists, but maybe it was just through MSS. :confused:

3. I never had a problem, but then again my docks are all hardwired into the radios in my truck and in the garage.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

3. It's not loud enough.

1. I don't use MSS, it is pretty much brickware to me, I just plug the card in directly to the computer and copy from there.

2. I thought there was a way to do playlists, but maybe it was just through MSS. :confused:

3. I never had a problem, but then again my docks are all hardwired into the radios in my truck and in the garage.

1. I do the computer and the card too.
2. You can do a playlist but it takes lots of care and tricks and requires MSS. If you ever RESET + ERASE or do a Device Recovery, all your playlists would be lost and you would have to start again (playlists are stored in main memory not on the card).
3. I never had the issue either although there is no volume equalization. Some are quieter than others and that can be annoying when playing back a sequence or shuffle.