Artie redeems himself

mulls

Nov 3, 2008
I'm not the biggest Artie fan, I find him a little boring to be honest (even tho I support the shit out of him for some reason, mostly due to an allegiance to Howard - buy the shitty movies, the book etc).

But I think it was pretty ballsy to call in to Bubba this morning. Anyone who works in a large media company (I do myself) knows that to speak against the internal PR machine is putting it on the line...even tho he is "talent" and so is revered above all others, he could still risk a major management lashing for sticking up for Bubba and "going off script" by supporting him.

Anyway, good for you paisan, I'm a bigger fan after what you did this morning. Way to back the fellow talent (and some pretty good damned talent at that).

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Artie is without a doubt the most stand up guy on the Howard Stern show. As much as I've ragged on him at other places for various aspects of his life and ways, without him I doubt I'd listen to Howard even a quarter of the little I do now.

I'm also of the belief that at this point Artie really doesn't care anymore. If Sirius were to tell him that they never wanted him on his airwaves again, I think he would be completely satisfied with the contributions that he's made to the show, and the springboard that it has been for other aspects of his career. Yeah he may not have all the lime light anymore and it may effect his other opportunities at some point... But again I think Artie is ready for a break from it all (and he's said as much in the past).

mulls

Nov 3, 2008
Yeah...

Definitely interesting point, I'm inclined to agree with you. Artie may well just want out...

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Artie is definitely following the same ill-fated pattern of his sad, pathetic life. He is trying to force Sirius's hand to fire him. As Artie has stated many times, his working relationships never end pretty. Maybe the only thing left to do his get coked out of his mind and punch a Sirius guard at the front door.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I had this on the "Bubba Rants" thread, but it applies itself more directly here...

I loved listening to Artie being honest about his feelings concerning other Sirius talent signings from the past couple of years. It makes me wonder if Artie is playing loose by critiquing upper management with an air of confidence of not giving a shit if he gets fired or not.

I don't think you'll be hearing this replayed and dissected on Howard's show come Monday.

jrg

Oct 13, 2008
Sleepy Hollow
I had this on the "Bubba Rants" thread, but it applies itself more directly here...

I loved listening to Artie being honest about his feelings concerning other Sirius talent signings from the past couple of years. It makes me wonder if Artie is playing loose by critiquing upper management with an air of confidence of not giving a shit if he gets fired or not.

I don't think you'll be hearing this replayed and dissected on Howard's show come Monday.

I'm not a Bubba listener but I would like to have heard this. Any place to find this posted?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Artie is without a doubt the most stand up guy on the Howard Stern show. As much as I've ragged on him at other places for various aspects of his life and ways, without him I doubt I'd listen to Howard even a quarter of the little I do now.

I'm also of the belief that at this point Artie really doesn't care anymore. If Sirius were to tell him that they never wanted him on his airwaves again, I think he would be completely satisfied with the contributions that he's made to the show, and the springboard that it has been for other aspects of his career. Yeah he may not have all the lime light anymore and it may effect his other opportunities at some point... But again I think Artie is ready for a break from it all (and he's said as much in the past).

My only problem with Artie in the beginning was that he was working for the show as the comedian and just wasn't that funny. He also came off as a bit of a yes man and the funny thing is, he is obviously the most rebellious and stand up person on the show. He is very concerned about people and seems to support talented people (and not so talented people financially like loser callers).

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I seem to remember Artie saying he did NOT have a contract with Sirius and went year-to-year (which I found surprising.)

Artie wants to be free and has made no real secret of the fact that he doesn't want the pressure of Howard signing another long commitment. I don't think he would leave for something else but I think he likes the option. It also sounds like he really feels like another five year deal might just kill him but he is the most surprised at how fast time went by and Howard isn't. I know I'm going well off topic, I but I believe Robin really wants to do it again a hellvu a lot more than Artie and Howard. I think Gary and Fred support her for their issues financial security.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I'm not the biggest Artie fan, I find him a little boring to be honest (even tho I support the shit out of him for some reason, mostly due to an allegiance to Howard - buy the shitty movies, the book etc).

But I think it was pretty ballsy to call in to Bubba this morning. Anyone who works in a large media company (I do myself) knows that to speak against the internal PR machine is putting it on the line...even tho he is "talent" and so is revered above all others, he could still risk a major management lashing for sticking up for Bubba and "going off script" by supporting him.

Anyway, good for you paisan, I'm a bigger fan after what you did this morning. Way to back the fellow talent (and some pretty good damned talent at that).

After todays show, do you still feel that way ? :eek:mfg:

mulls

Nov 3, 2008
well...

I still think it was ballsy to call in to Bubba...but he's a lying ahole. I actually thought he was a bit of an...exaggerator...before, with all his completely implausible stories from his youth, but even his biggest fans (Howard, Robin, Gary) are now starting to turn on him...

I'd bet his days are numbered.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Are you calling Artie a liar?

Remember, Artie's problem is that he's too honest! :rolleyes:

No no I am not calling:wah: artie:wah: a lier, I believe he robbed a bank years before he became the star of The Howard Stern Show just so he would have material for his I robbed a bank bit. :rofl2: