Artie on SNL?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Artie made a cameo in the final sketch of SNL's season finale. Weird.

Discuss...

I would be interested in seeing that. Hopefully the whole thing will be available online. I saw Will Ferrel doing Harrry Carey, which kills me.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Holy crap well I hope he talks about it on Monday's show. I gotta admit Im very surprised to see he was on SNL Especially that Lorne allowed it seeing as he despises Mad TV so much.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Are you sure that's not him playing tambourine at the 2:12 mark?

I'm guessing that he either tagged along with Norm or when Norm got invited he suggested Artie too... But it could've come from Will Ferrel too.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I thought the skit was perfect for what they were trying to do. They were trying to get all of the cast together to do the last sketch of the season. They also ended up throwing all of the backstage guests and walk ons to fill out the cast. It wasn't all that funny of a sketch, but I think it accomplished what it set out to do.

The Artie shout out was the only false note in the sketch. Artie looked nervous on stage during the credits, as if he felt he didn't belong up there or that he was being ignored by the cast. I didn't know the fat man could move like that.