Artie on Letterman Tues. Night (3.3.09)

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well i was just listening to ferrall. (having fun catching up with his kick ass sports show, haven't listened in awhile) but anyways, he just talked about how artie will be on letterman on tues night. i checked my dvr and confirmed it just to be sure.

im always a fan of stern show people on those late night shows. and artie is usually really funny. just seeing him sit, hes such a huge mess it funny before he even speaks. so long as he does not repeat stories ive heard a few times already, artie is a sure thing on these shows.

dont forget to tune in everyone!

-jhdk

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
well i was just listening to ferrall. (having fun catching up with his kick ass sports show, haven't listened in awhile) but anyways, he just talked about how artie will be on letterman on tues night. i checked my dvr and confirmed it just to be sure.

im always a fan of stern show people on those late night shows. and artie is usually really funny. just seeing him sit, hes such a huge mess it funny before he even speaks. so long as he does not repeat stories ive heard a few times already, artie is a sure thing on these shows.

dont forget to tune in everyone!

-jhdk

Artie is on Letterman again? Wow. That is a lot of appearances in the course of a year. He is always great on these shows because he is the exact opposite of every other celeb guest that only tells safe and boring stories about stuff that nobody cares about. "So I'm sitting at Spago's and who walks in but Steven Speilberg..." Where as Artie talks frequently about his drug use, mental problems, weight, how gay certain guests are, etc.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It helps to have a best seller.

$100 large in residuals for the fat man? good stuff, way to go art. i love how art is willing to talk about what he makes. seeing how stern has always been so anal in making sure his salary is not known and the other cast never really bring it up, its cool that art bucks that trend.

-jhdk

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
$100 large in residuals for the fat man? good stuff, way to go art. i love how art is willing to talk about what he makes. seeing how stern has always been so anal in making sure his salary is not known and the other cast never really bring it up, its cool that art bucks that trend.

-jhdk

Well, he didn't really want to and Howard kinda twisted his arm. His big fat arm.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I've skipped the last few Artie appearances on talk shows, because all his stories tend to be the same, not to mention the *clothes he wears tend to be the same, too!* I'll tune in tonight just to see if anything's different...

"I make the Mexican cleaning lady clap her hands so she ain't stealing nothin'!"
"The Mets are gay!"
"Romo rhymes with homo!"
etc. etc.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
anyone see it? how was it? i got it on tape but gotta wait until i get home to check it out.

-jhdk

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
He made sure to get in that SiriusXM plug at the end...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr-0PyeOBPE]YouTube - Artie Lange on Letterman 3/3/09 Pt 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpOh1pVWuwI]YouTube - Artie Lange on Letterman 3/3/09 Pt 2[/ame]

Last edited:

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I happened to see this thread and it reminded me to watch. I liked his joke about how his Italian mom is always trying to feed him. "When I first met this woman, I weighed 7 1/2 pounds..."

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
really? the crystal meth joke again? Really?

I love artie, but man his act just never changes.

I liked his joke about how his Italian mom is always trying to feed him. "When I first met this woman, I weighed 7 1/2 pounds..."

that was great

Last edited:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Everything except the crystal meth joke was new material, and his act just never changes?

Physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I think the audience really liked him alot. His presence is very addicting. Dave seemed to really like him alot too and I've noticed that when Artie was on his show in the past and he didn't do so well. Even with the meth joke being a bit lame, Artie was awesome.

jnockels

Mar 1, 2009
Yankton, SD
Artie was great last night!
I stayed up later than I usually do to watch, just hoping he would do something different from his previous appearances. He looked good; maybe it was the black clothes and clean shave, but he looked thinner. His eyes were not as glassy as they have been in the past. I thought it was his best appearance.
also...Dana was with him backstage too. Maybe there is still hope for the boy!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i think he did a good job. it was nice to hear a bunch of new stuff.

-jhdk

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Obviously, he's still morbidly obese, but he looked thinner this time than the last few appearances.

I had such good timing last night. Saw this thread and tuned in just seconds after Artie's segment started so I didn't have to sit thru guest #1, and then I promptly shut it off when he was done so I didn't have to hear that U2 bullshit...

:yesshake:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I was a little confused with the "DO IT FOR RONKONKOMA!" joke at first. I was thinking, who the hell is this Ron Konkoma guy? A former Yankee that I've never heard of maybe? I was totally in the dark. Then I did a Google search and learned what Ronkonkoma really is. So not only was Artie's appearance funny, but it had a little educational value as well for those of us who don't live in NY.