Artie Lange Benefit show in Detroit

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I wish I could go Detroit isn't too far from here.
They really need to update the picture they use of him on ticketmaster.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008

I heard that on the news today, actually - hadn't heard anything about it before today. Mrs. jef isn't a big Artie fan, so I don't think she'll go. Gonna check with a few friends to see if anyone is interested, but I may head on down alone if I have to. I'll know better next week - we've had a few unexpected expenses this month. But I can probably swing something in the nosebleed section.

Is the Baba Booey ball going to come along, too? :D

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I heard that on the news today, actually - hadn't heard anything about it before today. Mrs. jef isn't a big Artie fan, so I don't think she'll go. Gonna check with a few friends to see if anyone is interested, but I may head on down alone if I have to. I'll know better next week - we've had a few unexpected expenses this month. But I can probably swing something in the nosebleed section.

Is the Baba Booey ball going to come along, too? :D

The Baba Booey Ball certainly will be there. Artie will likely do something with it. Also trying to get Dlynx to go.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
So how was it? (I wish I could have swung it this month, but we've had some surprise vet bills and I didn't feel right spending the extra $$. )

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The show was pretty good. I saw his show a year ago here in IL. It seemed a bit scaled down time wise from that show. They had a video about Adam Niskar and the situation he was put into and what his daily life is all about. Then a comedian named Mike Young did about a 20-30 minute set that was fairly refreshing and cool. People liked him.

Arties shows start with a video of a lot of clips and scenes with Artie in. Which really pumps you up. He did about 45-50 minutes of comedy and the audience really digged it. He then introduced Stacey, his pretty sister, and closed the show.

I was kinda bummed I didn't get to meet or see Artie, but no worries. I did however randomly bumped into my friend Craig Gass in downtown Ann Arbor and later got a shot of him with the Baba Booey ball.
7333_150903912158_655462158_2493684_2531992_n.jpg

7333_151027027158_655462158_2494887_2583336_n.jpg

Reactions: semipenguin

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Awesome! Is that Briarwood mall in the second shot? I need to give you my cell number - next time you are out near AA, lemme know and I'll buy you a beer! :)

Too bad about not getting a chance to catch Artie. I bet it won't be your only chance, though. Something just occurred to me -- He may not want to touch it, actually, for fear of it rubbing off on him :)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Awesome! Is that Briarwood mall in the second shot? I need to give you my cell number - next time you are out near AA, lemme know and I'll buy you a beer! :)

Too bad about not getting a chance to catch Artie. I bet it won't be your only chance, though. Something just occurred to me -- He may not want to touch it, actually, for fear of it rubbing off on him :)

Briarwood in the second pic. Yep. Nice eye. If I would have seen Artie I might have lent him the ball. Next time. I really could have used your number since I bought an extra ticket and it went to waste.