Artie Lange Arrested for Suspicion of DUI

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
From TMZ:

Posted Jul 10th 2009 2:33PM by TMZ Staff
0710_artie_lange_88721820_ex.jpg
We've just learned Artie Lange was busted for suspicion of DUI moments ago in New Jersey.

Law enforcement sources tell us the "Howard Stern Show" veteran was arrested about a half hour ago in Toms River after he got into a minor car accident.

Story developing...

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I thought he swore off drinking?! (LOL!) Where was Helicopter Mike?
:shifty:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I betcha he started drinking during the Vegas trip. I knew that was a really bad idea.

:eek:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Assuming this turns out to be true, I wonder if he will be smart enough to NOT talk about it on the air?

LOL! You kidding?!

Some of the comments on TMZ are so funny! Look at this one:

"RATS! I had been looking forward so much to Monday's show, when they get back from vacationhttp://www.tmz.com/2009/07/10/artie-lange-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dui/#, and would go over all the wacky stories of recent days... and now it'll just be bloated Artie, going on and on about himself... interrupting the King of All Media... as often as he can wedge his phleghmy, diseased voice in... as usual... sigh... WAAAAHHHHH."

:p

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Can anyone clarify the "DUI suspicion" part of this news story? In other words, cops arrest him, bring him to the station, and ask him to take a breathalyzer test. If he refuses, it's treated just like he failed the test. But what if he PASSES a breathalyzer test? Do they ask you to have a blood test or pee in a cup right there, to test for substances other than alcohol??

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Can anyone clarify the "DUI suspicion" part of this news story? In other words, cops arrest him, bring him to the station, and ask him to take a breathalyzer test. If he refuses, it's treated just like he failed the test. But what if he PASSES a breathalyzer test? Do they ask you to have a blood test or pee in a cup right there, to test for substances other than alcohol??

If he passes a breathalyzer then he's free and clear. They can't make him take any other test if he passes a breathalyzer. The only way he would have to give a blood test is if they took him to the hospital right away. If they tried without going to a hospital right away an attorney would eat them alive especially if he passes a breathalzer.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
If he passes a breathalyzer then he's free and clear. They can't make him take any other test if he passes a breathalyzer. The only way he would have to give a blood test is if they took him to the hospital right away. If they tried without going to a hospital right away an attorney would eat them alive especially if he passes a breathalzer.

WOW! So the cops can't test for drugs? Not even heroin?!