Artie? It that you?

Gabria13

Nov 12, 2008
The Isle of Long
DEAR MARGO: I am a recovering heroin addict. I am going on my first month of being clean. I go to treatment daily and am actually starting to see the light at the end of my tunnel. I was always told of my potential for greatness in my life, and told a million times that I will be something huge. It's hard to imagine these words becoming reality. I've been numbing my emotional baggage for years. Now there's no numbing going on and I'm starting to feel like the old me again. Any advice or words of encouragement for a struggling yet determined-to-succeed individual on the brink of destiny or solitude?

--- G-MAN

DEAR G: I would think success for you, short term, is to stay sober and straight. Maybe your destiny is to clean up and live a righteous life, perhaps helping others. Your being told that you were capable of great things perhaps loaded you down with other people's expectations, always a heavy burden. I predict that when you're in the groove of sobriety the path you should take will become clearer. I greatly admire your taking this particular bull by the horns. It is a hard slog, I am told, but well worth it. Good luck.

--- MARGO, REASSURINGLY

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Does he look anything like this ?