1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Artie Cancels Stand-Up Appearance in Boston

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Road Hog, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Road Hog

Road Hog Member

I had a pair of tickets to see Artie yesterday at the Wilbur Theater in Boston. About 3:00 I received an email and a robo-call saying the show's been postponed to January. Here is an article stating that Artie claims to have been in bed with a bad fever. Given his history, it's hard to know whether that's accurate, but I am still rooting for the guy to get his life together.

Howard Stern Show ex-sidekick Artie Lange is under the weather again.

Lange cancelled Saturday night's scheduled appearance at the Wilbur Theater in Boston, Massachusetts after taking ill. He posted this message to fans on his Twitter account:

"I'm sick with a bad fever so the Boston show tonight at the Wilbur is being changed to Sunday January 20th over MLK holiday weekend. Artie"

Lange has continued to struggle with health problems since re-emerging on the comedy scene in July 2011 after spending eighteen months seeking treatment for heroin addiction and depression. He reports that he continues to be clean and sober, but still smokes heavily and struggles with obesity.

Last month, Lange tweeted a photo of himself before he was about to undergo an unspecified procedure for his severe back pain.

Many Howard Stern Show fans hoped that Lange would be a guest on the satellite radio broadcast at some point in 2012 to promote his new memoir "Crash and Burn". The book, which Lange predicted would be out in November or December, has yet to be released.

2. Similar Threads: Artie Cancels
    Forum Title Date
    Howard Stern I Bumped Into Artie May 11, 2014
    Howard Stern Artie Lange Show Canceled Apr 29, 2014
    Howard Stern Artie Interviewed By Marc Maron Again Feb 21, 2014
    Howard Stern KC Armstrong on "The Artie Lange Show" Feb 7, 2014
    Howard Stern Jonah Hill in the "Artie Chair" Jan 22, 2014

3. blyons200

blyons200 The droning of America

Ya he was sick, dope sick
  4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I never wished the flu on anybody before, but I hope that's what it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Salesman

Salesman Member

He's been high as a kite for a while now. The footage from his directv show is proof. Artie can be seen nodding off in the middle of interviews while Nick looks in disbelief thinking "Holy fuck! What is going on here?"
  6. electricpotato

electricpotato New Member

I've seen a little bit of that show and I don't doubt he's nodding off. So was I.
    It's completely unwatchable.
    hyson likes this.
  7. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

i like the nick and artie show. never saw the tv part but the few times ive listened i found it to be one of the better sports shows out there.
  8. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Artie won't be accountable for himself unless he stops making celebrity money.

Once that gravy train steams out of town, it's game over for the Lange man.
  9. Salesman

Salesman Member

The fat bastard did not show up for work last night. Called in sick. What a loser. Some things never change.

Stern was right to now put him back on the show.
  10. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

You're right, but I'm not sure it was entirely his decision.
  11. Salesman

Salesman Member

Hey Nick, I'm sick......sick as a dog.

He called in and his voice sounded super gravely.
  12. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

13. Spokker

Spokker New Member

If he isn't on drugs, his poor state of health could easily explain everything. If he isn't on insulin I would be surprised.
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

If he's 100% sober (no drugs, no booze), his diet alone would explain a lot. The guy needs so much help in just about everything.
  15. geosync

geosync Member

He was sounding gravely the thursday before he was out. I think he was pretty sick. Nick missed friday's show with the flu. There's something bad going around the tri-state area. Isn't the secretary of state out too??
  16. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........