Apple Talking To Programmers About Its Own Web Tv Service

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I don't like to argue. That is not what I was trying to do. I just wanted to have a conversation. I just hope your not like that when your face to face with someone in the real world. Everyone should do what works for them. I don't think anyone here is trying to change what you do or how you do it. It sucks thats how you see it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I just know what works for me.

And I like to argue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
If it works it works. It's all good.
I still see it as healthy competition, and that's good for all of us in the long run.

We all like to argue. I think it's built into the type of people that are drawn to a tech/gadget type of forum.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The Apple TV and streaming video service may be delayed until fall. Now that Showtime is doing the HBO thing with their stand-alone service, I may not have to get any streaming cable channels. HBO ($14.99 a month), Showtime ($10.99 a month), Netflix ($8.99 a month) and Amazon ($99 = $8.25 a month) may be more than enough. All that for under $50.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Where in the article does it say I wanted to? It's basically the same bundle the cable companies give you. Not exactly what I'd call reinventing TV. Unless there's some possible way to watch shows on demand and commercial free. Or unless it's got a super stellar user interface that works with current Apple TV.

I can watch most shows on-demand with my cable provider. But they come with some commercials (less than the original show). I use it when my PVR fails.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Among other things, not having to deal with Comcast and not having to pay for 140/220 channels I'll never watch. Plus it's $39.99 for one year of a two year contract vs. $30-40 no contract.

So you will the same amount for less channels some of which you will also never watch?