Apple redesigns iMac, MacBook and reveals Magic Mouse

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
From CNN.com.

More here.

The new super-duper Magic Mouse looks cool.

Indeed it does look cool! You get the cookie for being the first to post this story!

Good Job!

Mouse seems cool. :agree:

But not really needed if Jobs would just re-release the touchstream keyboard...?:( How many more years are they going to continue hoarding the best keyboard/mouse interface ever? :wtf2:

...and you get a dawg biscuit for rehashing the same old crap over and over again! Here we go again! :wow:

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Very exciting.

Maybe it's time for a new iMac at my house. :)

At least I should try that new mouse out.

DAB, when are you getting one?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Very exciting.

Maybe it's time for a new iMac at my house. :)

At least I should try that new mouse out.

DAB, when are you getting one?

I am just not into desktop anymore... I love my MacBookPro and for the little bit of desktop computing I do, the Mac Mini Rocks!

I already have a killer LED backlight 22" display, which is plenty big enough, so I don't see myself going there.

Now I may check out that Magic Mouse!

I also like that the did a server setup in the Mac Mini. That is a smart move because that is what many was using it for anyway... its a little work horse! 2-500GB hard drives in a Mac Mini that is almost funny and considering the space in there, I can't imagine how they pulled it off.

Update: I see they did away with the CD/DVD drive, that is how they got that 2nd hard drive in there.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
MM, I was doing a little more reading on the iMac's. Did they lower the price on those? I don't recall them ever being $1,199. My sister is thinking about buying a new computer for the family for Christmas. None of them are gamers, so I am sort of leaning toward suggesting one of these. I sure hope she gets one, I am so tired of always having to go over and work on her old PC which is about 5 years old. That display and the model with the ATI graphics card looks SWEET!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Apple is certainly an innovator in this age of technology.

Even though I'm not a Mac owner, I can appreciate them trying to advance the hardware forward.

Neat stuff!

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I will be heading to my local Apple store tomorrow and if they have the Magic Mouse in stock, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. :D

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
I'm thinking I'll have to get the Magic Mouse as well. In someways, I find the Mighty Mouse to be somewhat irritating. There are times I would rather use the pad on the MacBook.

Oct 20, 2008
Golf Course
I'm a Mac man and am raising my kids to use Mac's. I have a MacBook Pro, Kids use an old iBook G4 that works better than any 3 year old PC and I'm soon getting my two oldest each a MacBook. Mac is the best.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I will be heading to my local Apple store tomorrow and if they have the Magic Mouse in stock, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. :D

You certainly have to let us know. I had purchased the Might Mouse when I first got my Mac Mini, but I returned it. A buddy of mine that has had one for a long time told me they would get crappy after a period of time because of the ball you use to scroll built up with lent and dirt. This touchpad surface eliminates that, so I am surely going to consider getting one of these babies. :)

Like RoscoRyan I totally love the MacBookPro touch pad, so having this for my Mac Mini will be SWEET!

jasoncardenas21, you are raising them kids right! hehehe :bigthumbup:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
oooohhh new Mini... I think it is time to switch my Mother :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
oooohhh new Mini... I think it is time to switch my Mother :)

iMacs and MacBookPro are wonderful, but I like my Mac Mini! I am glad to see they are continuing to make them faster with larger drives. I had upgraded mine, so I have no real reason to buy a new one. I still use my MacBookPro more, but my Mac Mini is my primary computer for iTunes, ripping music, doing video stuff. Its a little work horse.

What I am impressed with is the server Mac Mini that is SWEET! :)