Apple made a little money this quarter

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
1.67 billion in net profit from 9.87 billion in gross revenue during the fiscal 4th Quarter.

Mac sales were way up but standard Ipod sales are down. No surpise figuring everyone is moving to an all in one device like the Iphone or Touch.

here are the rest of the details, from Engadget.

Apple reports fiscal Q4 earnings: $1.67b profit, Mac sales way up, iPod sales down, 'great new products' for 2010

So, if you were Steve Jobs, wouldn't you seriously just be burning money at this point? I don't mean spending it, I mean burning it to light cigars, throw piles of it in your woodstove to keep the house warm and whatever else you can do with a stack of burning hundreds.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
1.67 billion in net profit from 9.87 billion in gross revenue during the fiscal 4th Quarter.

Mac sales were way up but standard Ipod sales are down. No surpise figuring everyone is moving to an all in one device like the Iphone or Touch.

here are the rest of the details, from Engadget.

Apple reports fiscal Q4 earnings: $1.67b profit, Mac sales way up, iPod sales down, 'great new products' for 2010

So, if you were Steve Jobs, wouldn't you seriously just be burning money at this point? I don't mean spending it, I mean burning it to light cigars, throw piles of it in your woodstove to keep the house warm and whatever else you can do with a stack of burning hundreds.

if i were steve i would be hard at work inventing the iLiver.

Reactions: memebag and Vargas

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I think the iPod Classic is on its way out. Plus they need to stop selling all those different color Nanos :worried:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think the iPod Classic is on its way out. Plus they need to stop selling all those different color Nanos :worried:

I agree the iPod Classic will eventually be phased out.

In regards to the Nano's and various colors, 100 million in sales I think those colors are here to stay!

Apple is in the drivers seat on these devices and also made inroads into the PC market too.