Apperantly the merging of channels will occur over two periods

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
There was a guy Jack07 on there that broke all this news originally and everyone thought he was crazy. Now come to find out he wasn't so crazy. His reponse to this news:

"From what I was told, the music channel changes are taking place 11/12. Perhaps the second round might involve the news/talk/traffic, etc. stations."

This sound more logical than them rolling out music in various stages. But again who knows, because they won't tell us anything.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
I would think SIRIUS XM would want to do the channel merges in as FEW "stages" as possible: it costs time and money to make these changes (i.e., channel guides, marketing, mass emails, CSR training and answering of customer's questions, etc.).

Two stages sounds very logical: music channels first (lots of savings for staff in programming), then talk/news/traffic.

Last edited:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I agree there plus the talk news sports comedy and traffic have to merged as well , because as I said in a previous post people like Sean Hannity and Thom Hartman are heard on both services and there is alot of duplicates between XM's poltical talk and Sirius's so this makes sense. Still if they would let people know what is going on we would not have this much confusion.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Given the vast number of channel number changes .... I don't think phasing in the music channels is an option.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
This is incredible... Less than a week until they start reorganizing the channels and not one hint of the fact on either official website. Their subs have to find out via rumor on public forums. Man that's bad business practice. We had more advance notice of the Zeppelin Channel.

I imagine the RadioClassic channels will merge considering the material comes from the same source. That won't make a big splash. I just hope they go with XM's version of RadioClassics. They have a better variety and better schedules.....

satrad65

Oct 14, 2008
Georgia
This is incredible... Less than a week until they start reorganizing the channels and not one hint of the fact on either official website. Their subs have to find out via rumor on public forums. Man that's bad business practice. We had more advance notice of the Zeppelin Channel.

I imagine the RadioClassic channels will merge considering the material comes from the same source. That won't make a big splash. I just hope they go with XM's version of RadioClassics. They have a better variety and better schedules.....

Being as the readers of these forums are a very small % of subscribers, I don't agree this is bad business practice. I have several friends here in town and they know nothing of the impending changes. I imagine SiriusXM will notify all subs by email and/or mail.
Now if they don't notify any of us and just change on 11/12, then that will be bad business practice.

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
Its pretty lousy marketing. It sounds like there will be hardly any distinction in programming between the two sats; that is not what I think they were selling to the FCC pre-merger. One wonders whether there will be much point in the new radios that are able to capture both signals.

Last edited:
I do hope they keep channel 152 as is. I purchased my first XM radio just because they carried The Monsters of the Midday Show. And now 7 years later I am still listening to the Monsters (now in the morning) :)

I got to go visit with the Monsters a few months ago, it was a great time!

Attachments

• Monsters3.jpg
    Monsters3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Monsters2.jpg
    Monsters2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • monsters1.jpg
    monsters1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Monsters are cheesy at first, but grow on you. It's the only thing I ever listen to on terrestrial radio.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Sirius has a 2 page ad and another single, full paid ad in the USA Today. It appears to show the new music channels.

Which section is it in because I may take a look at it to see what are the new channels . This may help in figuring out what the hell is going on. And Btw are the XM channels like the Bone Yard and Escape coming over or are they installing new ones ?

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Sirius has a 2 page ad and another single, full paid ad in the USA Today. It appears to show the new music channels.

Really? Channels numbers and all? I need to get this..

I'll see if I can find it online. Probably not. Someone scan it.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
We don't have a scanner here. The music channels listed are:

40's on 4, 50's on 5, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, 80's on 8, Top 20 on 20;

Elivis Radio, AC/DC Radio, Led Zepplin Radio, E Street Radio, Grateful Dead Radio, Radio Margaritaville, Underground Garage, Siriously Sinatra;

Hair Nation, 1st Wave, Alt Nation, Faction, Classic Vinyl, Coffee House;

bpm, Chill, Shade 45, Hiphop Nation, Soul Town, Real Jazz, BB King's Bluesville;

Outlaw Country, Bluegrass Junction, Willies Place, The Joint, Praise, Met Opera, Cinemagic, and On Broadway.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
We don't have a scanner here. The music channels listed are:

40's on 4, 50's on 5, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, 80's on 8, Top 20 on 20;

Elivis Radio, AC/DC Radio, Led Zepplin Radio, E Street Radio, Grateful Dead Radio, Radio Margaritaville, Underground Garage, Siriously Sinatra;

Hair Nation, 1st Wave, Alt Nation, Faction, Classic Vinyl, Coffee House;

bpm, Chill, Shade 45, Hiphop Nation, Soul Town, Real Jazz, BB King's Bluesville;

Outlaw Country, Bluegrass Junction, Willies Place, The Joint, Praise, Met Opera, Cinemagic, and On Broadway.

Only 35 music channles???