App To Help Find A Lost Iphone

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Thought there was an app you can download onto your Mac to find a lost iPhone? Can't find it on the App store. Help.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Well I'm pooched then. I doubt my sister signed up for iCloud. All I see is my MacBook Pro
You would have to log on in her account to see it. You could also do a remote wipe if it's determined to be stolen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Well I have some good news. My sister called Rogers to report the phone lost so service was blocked but she didn't get around to having the IMEI blacklisted so no one else could use it. She only got around to telling me that last week so I had that done on Wed. Unfortunately, they screwed things up for a day or 2 because they blacklisted MY number instead of hers.

Got that straightened out and got a call from the local Rogers store asking me for a description of the iPhone5. When I provided all the correct information they told me someone came in to activate it. When the staff realized the number had been blacklisted they confiscated the phone and are holding it for me to come in with ID. The only bad part is the Otterbox case is gone so that will have to be replaced.

Reactions: Evil_Ernie

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
The phone is back in my possession. Lots of photos along with her name, twitter and Facebook handles. Think I'll stop by the police station this afternoon and demand compensation for the new SIM card and missing Otterbox case.

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
That's crazy. I'm surprised it ever showed up again. Good deal.

It was the IMEI block that did it. Once it went on, the phone goes into no service mode. So she and her mother went into the store to find out what was wrong with it and a store employee confiscated it.

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
FYI: Went to the police station to see what, if anything, could be done. The officer asked if he could keep the phone for the night and said he knew who it was.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
FYI: Went to the police station to see what, if anything, could be done. The officer asked if he could keep the phone for the night and said he knew who it was.

You know what they say about your Mounties.
mountie.jpg

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
TBH, I was expecting to be told nothing could be done but her name and photos are all over the phone. If I get $80 out of this to pay for a new SIM card and to replace the Otterbox I'll be happy.

Reactions: HecticArt

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
The story is, the police can't prove theft but they can prove possession of stolen property. But since I didn't officially report it stolen nothing else is going to happen. I am charging the battery to factory reset it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The story is, the police can't prove theft but they can prove possession of stolen property. But since I didn't officially report it stolen nothing else is going to happen. I am charging the battery to factory reset it.
Post the pictures of the thieving skank everywhere.......

Andrew8468

Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Post the pictures of the thieving skank everywhere.......

Nope, the police asked me to wipe all her info off the phone so if her pictures ended up online and she complained, guess who they would come to visit? I can't do a factory reset because her ID is still on the phone so I guess I am headed over to Rogers to see if they can wipe it clean.