Anyone watching HORDERS????

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I haven't seen it but I've heard horror stories about the show from online. If I catch it on TV I'll try to take a peek.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
It's an amazing show.

Total catastrophe are these peoples' lives. However, I think that 20-something gay kid wasn't so much a hoarder as he was a lazy drama queen.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I season passed it last week and have been hooked. I am so the opposite of a hoarder so it really drives me nuts to watch those people. I also like "Lock and Load" with R. Lee Ermey, and I would LOVE to see him on Hoarders so he can deal with them. That would be the greatest reality show of all time.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I season passed it last week and have been hooked. I am so the opposite of a hoarder so it really drives me nuts to watch those people. I also like "Lock and Load" with R. Lee Ermey, and I would LOVE to see him on Hoarders so he can deal with them. That would be the greatest reality show of all time.

I can see it now. WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS!!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
That show is tough to watch. There's some sort of mental retardation going on with all these people. Anyone see the episode where they found like 50 cat corpses in that house?

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
It's worse than you think! They were showing the skeletons of these cats and the kittens and holy puke sandwich!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
There is a hoarder in my family, and this show fascinates me to no end.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Speaking of cat hoarders...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCiRFVgXrOQ]YouTube - Hot Docs 2009 Trailers: CAT LADIES[/ame]

:kuku:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's worse than you think! They were showing the skeletons of these cats and the kittens and holy puke sandwich!

I don't know how those people avoided any criminal charges...that was unbelievable. They need to be thrown in an asylum at the very least.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I don't know how those people avoided any criminal charges...that was unbelievable. They need to be thrown in an asylum at the very least.

It's not a matter of criminal law.... all municipality zoning issues/civil and rarely involves police. I know what you mean, though.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Im taping all the episodes, each on its own separate VCR tape. :D

Reactions: AJ_II

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My ex house sat for a hoarder once. It was a big house in the nicest neighborhood in town. She was hired to swap out video tapes and program several VCRs. The house was covered in piles of things, loosely categorized and stacked up, with little paths left between them to walk around. There was a bed half covered with empty Dr. Pepper cans. There was a bathtub full of slivers of Zest soap bars. There were bags and bags of things that had been bought, dropped in stacks and never touched again. There was a Rolls Royce sitting in the garage with the tires rotted off.

It reminded me of C.S. Lewis's description of Hell in "The Great Divorce", where everyone gets everything they want and are eventually isolated by it.