anyone use "replay AV8"

b_man

Oct 17, 2009
Hey guys. Just to put it out there I'm brand new, wife got me the stiletto 2 two days ago and I'm going out of my mind trying to get everything I want out of it. Ie docking station for car and home, blue tooth transmitter and where to download music files.

Now I'm looking at this program "replay av8" for recording show to upload to the unit and listen to later.

Is it worth $50? Anything better out there?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

ravens#1

Sep 20, 2009
Hey guys. Just to put it out there I'm brand new, wife got me the stiletto 2 two days ago and I'm going out of my mind trying to get everything I want out of it. Ie docking station for car and home, blue tooth transmitter and where to download music files.

Now I'm looking at this program "replay av8" for recording show to upload to the unit and listen to later.

Is it worth $50? Anything better out there?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

HA!!! Reminds me of mine, I just recently got the (Sl-2) also and initially was trying to push on the media dial instead of those little slivers on the 4 corners to operate some of the functions...

I have tried to be patient... I am not gadget guru material but know I will conquer the device in time...

I know how to record and it was nt overly difficult...

I have been frequenting the manual and recently taped a couple riverwalk jazz specials...(I still need to see if i can move that content off my Sl-2 and onto the computer but dont think i can??? I know it will let you move content onto the device but maybe not off???) Still to new to describe that...

Was just looking at what you describe and REPLAY means you can replay those stations for the previous minutes shown??? When you highlight a station and select it will replay the prior time shown... In other words the station is rewound and no longer real time- think of the programming you recieve across all the satelite radio channels as a tape player- you can fast forward and rewind any content up to various alotted times- that is when you see buffering either (minus - minutes) or (+ minutes like fast forwarding)... Its kind of weird, but thats how to comprehend it...

You really need to study the book on the steps necessary to get used to it...

Hang in there, it really isnt that bad I have discovered...

:eek:

If you got any more questions send a message and i MAY be able to describe or figure out what you need to know and decipher it back to you in laymens/newbie terms...

It isnt like there is customer support... it s just wing it until you get it...

After DAB post maybe Im not even in the ball park??!?!! Just tried to help regardless...

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I purchased this program a long time back and for a year I used it to do a lot of recording. It would automatically convert them for use on my iPod which was great. These days there isn't much that I am interested in recording so I've not done so in a while. This program will do it and it works well!

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
If you have Replay A/V, you don't really need a Stilletto, unless it's the only mp3 player you have.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I've been using Replay AV for years. You can automatically schedule recordings of any station that streams, whether it's Sirius, XM, AM or FM. It's packaged with a bunch of other functions too, like capturing Youtube videos, etc.

DAB and Shabadoo25 pretty much summed it up. I think it's great at what it does, and to avoid signal problems I always use Replay AV8 to automatically record/ download various shows and then transfer them to iTunes and then my iPod. It's the main way I listen...no Stiletto needed.

You can only listen to specific shows once the mp3's are created, but you can break the shows up into shorter mp3's and listen to each segment once they are done with no loss of content.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
One thing I will say is that you do need to have the premium internet streaming in order for this to work! So, if your account doesn't have this then you'll need to add it; unless you grandfathered your account for the old basic 32kb streaming.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
One thing I will say is that you do need to have the premium internet streaming in order for this to work! So, if your account doesn't have this then you'll need to add it.

Ah, forgot about the "new rules"...I actually ditched my radio for the internet-only option. Too many drop-outs where I live, so now I only listen to the stream at home/ office or on mp3 delay in the car.

I think there is a way for Replay AV to record audio from a hardware device but I'm not sure of how to do it.

wpicha

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Replay A/V 8 is an excellent application; welll worth the $50. There does seem to be an issue between it and iTunes 9 though:
If I have Replay 8 running iTunes 9 will not load. Once I shut down Replay 8, then iTunes 9 loads fine. This was not an issue with iTunes 8, so I downgraded.