Anyone use Bluetooth Headphones?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The new PMP that I bought has bluetooth and I'm dying for a pair of bluetooth headphones to use while working outside and while running but the reviews are really mixed on all of them.

Does anybody have any bluetooth headphones or can anyone recommend some good ones? I've read all the reviews on amazon but a testimonial from the DRC would mean a lot more.

Any help is appreciated.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I've used them before. The ones I had were on the ear and all of the parts were in the headphone. I liked them because it was great having a pair of wireless headphones but they were annoying because they were so heavy.

The next pair I get are going to be earbud style where the bluetooth is in a clip that you put on your jacket or wear on your neck.

As far as sound goes unless you are a huge audiophile and constantly listen for the most pristine and beautiful nuances in the song "I Know You Want Me" by Pitbull, all of the ones I've heard sound pretty good.

Reactions: Vargas

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I've used them before. The ones I had were on the ear and all of the parts were in the headphone. I liked them because it was great having a pair of wireless headphones but they were annoying because they were so heavy.

The next pair I get are going to be earbud style where the bluetooth is in a clip that you put on your jacket or wear on your neck.

As far as sound goes unless you are a huge audiophile and constantly listen for the most pristine and beautiful nuances in the song "I Know You Want Me" by Pitbull, all of the ones I've heard sound pretty good.

This is good to know. I'm certainly no audiophile and I'm pretty sure the only nuance I care about in any of PITBULL's tune is the BASS!!!

Actually, I'm looking at something like this----

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PCCLPA/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KTDFSVQ0AS7RMQNDVYA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Sony DRBT21G/B Stereo Bluetooth Headset: Electronics[/ame]

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Those look nice actually.
Seeing them brings up another issue I had with mine. I think it was a function of my gigantic headsize though....

The band that went around my neck was so stiff that if I wore a coat or anything that had a collar that covered up the band, the collar would push against the band and push the headphones really far forward on my head. It really pissed me off when it happened but if I wasn't wearing a coat or anything like that, the band presented no problem. Just another reason I would get a dogtag/earbud style next time.

This is what I really want.... With these you can use your own headphones.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I ordered the Altec Lansing's for $63.98 delivered from Amazon. NewEgg had them for $59 but they are out of stock.

Newegg.com - ALTEC LANSING BackBeat 903 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphone - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

I'll report back after I've had a chance to use them for a day or 2. I chose the Altecs over the Jaybirds for the following reasons: price, name recognition, better reviews on the Altecs versus the Jaybirds.

We WILL need a review when you get these baby's. Burn them in overnight and then post a review!!!

Thanks.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
My 2nd set of Altec BB 903's died today. :( Back to Amazon for a refund. Too bad. They fit, looked and sounded great. Back to wired for me.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
My 2nd set of Altec BB 903's died today. :( Back to Amazon for a refund. Too bad. They fit, looked and sounded great. Back to wired for me.

This is upsetting. I"m thinking of buying a more classic pair of bluetooth headphones. Ones that go over the head rather than behind the neck or clip onto the ears. I'm guessing that the more material there is, the sturdier they will be.

Thanks for all of the feedback on the phones.