Anyone notice Howard insulted Fred when talking about Imus today?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
they were talking about imus' cancer ranch yet again and the subject of deer-dur came up and how imus met her, and howard starts ranting about "he met her as a caller to his show as part of a contest".

then he takes a long pause after saying this. he must have instantly realized that thats how fred met his wife as well. talk about putting ur foot in ur mouth.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I caught that too. Must have been embarassing lol. Not to mention Robin kinda ran with it after Howard mentioned it.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Yep I heard it. I also heard him back off real fast. Robin continued though. It's live radio and sometimes Howard talks before he thinks. It was funny though.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I was listening then, didn't catch it, but now remember it. Howard does sometimes speak before thinking. :2funny:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I caught that too. Must have been embarassing lol. Not to mention Robin kinda ran with it after Howard mentioned it.

that moment sounded so awkward. dead air, followed by robin continuing to put foot in mouth. I'd be willing to bet howard apologized to fred during the next commercial break after that comment.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Howard invented Fred and Allison's relationship...just ask him, he'll tell you.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008

bah! I just heard it, how awkward. :spit: Of course robin ran with it, she runs with ANYTHING that comes out of howards mouth

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I think Fred was getting Howard back on Thursday's show. First he turns down the intro music in Howard's headphones first thing, how long have they been doing this now? HAHA. Then some strange humming is heard, then goes away, Howard TV takes the blame and corrects it, then it comes back later in the show. Then during the news Howard surprises Fred with a short commercial break, which he does often, and coming back the bumper music Fred selected just mysteriously stops playing contributing to a good 10-15 seconds of dead air.

HA, I say Fred was taking a jab at Howard for that slight crack.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
So, Fred found his wife through the show....big deal. Fred seems to have a nice wife and family. Good for him.:)

It could be worse - he could have met her via Crazy Cabbie, who could have invited him to a party where "famous models" are known to troll for ugly dudes with fat wallets. Now, that would be embarrassing.:jj: