Anyone having trouble with their Alltel service?

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
My phone's digital signal started roaming two days ago at home, which isn't a problem since I have a national plan.

But now there's loud static and callers can't hear me unless I shout.

I called customer service and went by the Alltel store and they both keep trying to convince me to buy a new phone and sign a new contract.

The phones fine. It was fine three days ago. I've never heard of phones that start roaming because their broken.

If anyone has heard of hardware/software issues that can cause this or another explanation please chime in.

I'm in the Florida Panhandle, but work throughout the Gulf Coast and would appreciate anyones experience with other cellular companies in the area.

Thanks in advance. :bigthumbup:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Maybe it has something to do with alltel merging with Verizon? I have alltel here is Wisconsin and my service is working fine. I'll let you know if I have any sisues,t hough.

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe it has something to do with alltel merging with Verizon? I have alltel here is Wisconsin and my service is working fine. I'll let you know if I have any sisues,t hough.

Thanks Grupsaar.

That's what I thought too.

I tried to ask customer service about it but they didn't have an answer.

I'm looking at Virgin Mobile prepaid.

I had terrible billing problems with Verizon years ago and don't want to risk another $250 bill for a $40 monthly service.