Anyone have a Kindle?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
:jj: I do love it and recommend it to any other geek readers out there like myself.

If you've even considered buying it do it now it's the best present I ever bought myself:bigthumbup:

In 1995 I told my English teacher in Class who's father owned a chain of bookstores that someday people will read books on little electronics devices. I was told nothing could beat the feel of a paper book in a tub.

Oct 9, 2008
LBC
In 1995 I told my English teacher in Class who's father owned a chain of bookstores that someday people will read books on little electronics devices. I was told nothing could beat the feel of a paper book in a tub.

You were a maverick even then charlie :jj:

Oct 9, 2008
LBC
Honestly, where do you get these? How does it work? Come on share, share!

I might have to get one! Then will you like me again! hehehe

If you like to read books, newspapers etc it really does kick ass...it's the first product Amazon rolled out on their own. It's a little pricey but if you read a lot like I do it'll pay for itself...new bestsellers are half price I read 2-3 books a week so it's cost effective for me;)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73MA/ref=amb_link_7645962_1/105-2360977-4577214?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=10NCTVQRP67PFHE7RZA6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=444224301&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Damn, that thing is sweet! I read a good bit. I bet that thing would be fantastic for reading in bed at night prior to going to sleep.

You may have just turned me on to something. I am thinking about my sister, my Lord she is like you she reads 2 - 3 books a week too.

Wow thanks for the info :)

Oct 9, 2008
LBC
Damn, that thing is sweet! I read a good bit. I bet that thing would be fantastic for reading in bed at night prior to going to sleep.

You may have just turned me on to something. I am thinking about my sister, my Lord she is like you she reads 2 - 3 books a week too.

Wow thanks for the info :)

It really is cool. You can load your MP3 library on there too and listen to music or whatever whilst you read.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'd love to have one but I never read books anymore (I should really start again, I used to read 2 novels a week). But now I have so many toys who has time to read books, between my laptop and the internet, ipod,SL2, PSP, PS3, Wii, Directv HD service with DVR and Sunday ticket Superfan, Football season in full swing with my choice of every NFL game in HD and almost any college game I want to see; there is not enough time in the day. It's amazing I still get bored! I can even watch the NFL online if I'm not home. Gotta draw the line somewhere:Smiley_wink:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Too much DRM, and too many buttons. I don't want a typewriter on my electronic book. I just want a book. And I want to be able to share it with friends when I'm done.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I have been toying with buying a Kindle but the price pint is still too high to justify based upon my reading.