Anyone else think Robin, Fred, and Gary secretly resents Artie??

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by beaniemac, Jan 22, 2009.

1. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

Cuz I do. Esp Robin, cuz by now, they have to be sick of his antics, with the drugs, and the sleeping, and not seeming to care about the show. I know there's a pecking order when it comes to talent, but the three of them I guess are considered talent and have been with the show forever too.

2. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

In Gary's case, it isn't too secret. When discussing this on the Wrap Up Show, he explains Howard's side and the pecking order stuff, thus towing the company (or Howard's) line. But his "Devil's Advocate" position; i.e. "Why should Artie get to pull this shit when everyone else is expected to show up, not sleep, etc.", seems pretty heartfelt.

3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I think you're right about Robin and Fred. Gary, not so much. He'd do anything to have a bromance with Artie.

And it goes both ways for Robin and Artie. You can tell Artie has a lot of pent-up animosity and maybe even general dislike for Robin. Which is why I still don't understand why he threw her that extravagant birthday party at his shore house last year.

4. Elwood

Elwood Member

Fred doesn't care about anything, Robin is gleeful she has been proven correct with her doubts of sobriety, and Gary thinks whatever Howard thinks - so, no I don't think they are resentful. Maybe pity is a better term?

5. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Just look at Fred's ill-will toward Jackie and Stuttering John.

6. Elwood

Elwood Member

That's true, and he was ripping Aretha Franklin just now for some reason.

7. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

The Fred/Aretha thing goes way back. Something about Fred saying she's not a supermodel and Aretha demanding a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. ;)

8. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

This is the correct response. Fred doesn't care (until Artie leaves, then he'll hate him). Robin is tired of and insulted by the lies. Gary thinks Artie isn't doing his job and is bad for morale. Howard's coasting to retirement and doesn't want to have to get use to a new comic, or thinks that it will all payoff when the inevitable breakdown (OD, death, etc.) happens.

9. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Robin resented Jackie for pulling his hold-out routines at contract time and for actually walking out. That was betrayal to Howard in her world. Plus I don't think she thougt Jackie was funny. I think that Artie's lying pisses her off but otherwise I think she thinks he is funny and that he is an asset to the show.

Fred resented Jackie for walking out and I don't think he was too happy about Jackie's insistance that Jackie be given the title "Head Writer". Also, he did not like the fact that his jokes had to pass through Jackie and that Jackie rejected some (or most?). I think Fred likes Artie and thinks Artie is funny. You can hear Fred laughing at Artie's comments. As for lying and the drugging, I suspect Fred's attitude is that that is between Howard and Artie.

Artie and Gary relate to one another as Italians.

10. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

fred does not seem to like ralphy cakes either. whenever ralph does something (stealing the tips), Fred always quietly throws in a couple jabs when he can.

11. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I've been saying that Gary has had it in for Artie for months now. I sense resentment in Robin's tone toward's Artie and rightly so. He lie's right to their faces.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  12. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I don't think it impacts Fred or Robin that much when he is gone. It's not like they have to step in and do his job for him while he's out. I can't imagine them sitting there thinking it's not fair that he should be out or that they should get to be out also. That just seems very petty. They like their jobs and come to work because of that. They don't have to pull a double shift to make up for Artie.

13. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I think after the show they all get together and have a fake election for president of the studio. After that? Pie.

14. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

You are correct sir !

I tend to believe the same.

arties time may be coming to an end, his supporters are tiring of his shit.

15. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

I can't remember when, but sometime after they got back from their comedy tour of duty there was a change in Gary. I think Gary feels spurned by Artie and it is now manifesting itself in Gary's passive-nonchalance towards Artie.

16. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Whateva...

17. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

Hey Now

Fa Shizzle Ma Nizzle

18. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Artie fed the Gary feelings with the constant mentions of him taking up room for some other comic on the trip to Afghanistan , then claiming it was a joke. Even if it was a joke, after a while, you can only take so much of that.

That, and Gary takes all of the lying and shenanigans from Artie's addiction personally. I can see where he'd reach a point where you have to say Whateva'