Anyone else miss the old customize station layout

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I seriously can't stand the new layout when it comes to adding/removing artists etc from a custom station. It's entirely too overly complicated and vague now. I can't tell who or what is an artist on my channel anymore because everything is so vaguely labeled and iconed. I get it, but it's really easy to get confused about things as you get into editing a station

Bring back the old format please.. Kthx..

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Funny that you mentioned that. I created two new channels today. It was my first time with the new layout. I'm pretty sure I deleted out the additional artists, from Slacker's discovery list, to my stations. But I guess I won't know for sure until I listen.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
Earlier tonight on one of my custom stations I went to put the eagles on and after a couple of skips they came up and it was an old 60's band. Slacker needs to get rid of the 60's surf band so that people don't get confused. Has anyone had this problem.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Earlier tonight on one of my custom stations I went to put the eagles on and after a couple of skips they came up and it was an old 60's band. Slacker needs to get rid of the 60's surf band so that people don't get confused. Has anyone had this problem.

Yes, I put Jaymay on my all soft gals channel and ended up with some music from another male artist named Jaymay. So I had to list a song on the search option to get the Jaymay I really wanted. Although this issue was there before the new format.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
meh. No strong opinion either way, the look is a little weird but it seems to be adding all the artists I want. As long as it's still functional.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think if you had never used the previous one it would be okay, but there is little doubt the previous version was more simple. I understand what they were trying to accomplish with this change and that is to make adding individual songs much more simple, but in the process they complicated just adding artist.

I played around with it a good bit this weekend and it doesn't take a whole lot to get use to it. One channel I removed artist, added artist, removed favorites, added favorites and even banned some artist. Thus far it seems to be working okay. Though it does seem that it takes a awful lot of time between changes and when those changes actually happen on the G2. I've even had to totally remove channels and then add them back in order to get them channel to match the web player info.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I have deleted "King Crimson" from a custom station and they still show up. I have banned them on my G1 and the online player. I have added them to the online player and then deleted them.

I hate the new player.