Anybody Watching "NASCAR Smarts" On SPEED?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Could this show get any worse? I've tried a few times but it seems like a total waste of a half hour of air time. :yesshake:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
You know what show I miss? The one that aired the following Wed or Thurs after a race. I forget what it was called but it was a recap of the race from the weekend before and it was narrated by some guy with a deep voice. It was pretty good if you happend to miss a race or if it was a race a less exciting race like California you could just catch the highlights.
It was on Speed.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
hmmm. can't think of what that show would have been.... I can say they totally wreaked Monday nights Inside Nextel Cup by replacing it with This week in Nascar... The other one was wayyyyy better.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
You're right. I only check out this week in NASCAR now if I missed the race. I do like to hear Chad talk about racing though.

I just remembered what the show was called I was talking about. NASCAR: Beyond the Wheel.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Yeah I like listening to Chad in detail with it all, and Michael well let's face it the dude can make ya laugh.. lol We watched this last weeks episode cause we wanted to see what Chad had to say about running out of gas and Mikey was on a roll...lol

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Yeah I like listening to Chad in detail with it all, and Michael well let's face it the dude can make ya laugh.. lol We watched this last weeks episode cause we wanted to see what Chad had to say about running out of gas and Mikey was on a roll...lol

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Mikey sit through an entire episode dressed like the Geico Caveman, then act surprised at the end. He makes me laugh.

:2funny:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Speed jumped the shark when the fired Alan Bestwick & Johnny Benson :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

I sure agree with that being a dumb move on their part but I still like Speed's shows with the exception of a couple of them. That was a FOX move back then to change that show. I watched it religiously until then. I tried a couple of times after that but couldn't take it.

Another change that bothered me was the Trackside flip-flop of the set move that they made. When at the track, that was a fun show to go watch when the panel and guests all faced the audience. Now it's a signfest. Everyone is worried about being on TV. You can't see anything, and if you do, it's DW's a$$! Who wants to see that? :scratch: OK, maybe some of you, but not me! :scared:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Its funny, year after year they always do these clip shows with in car audio and the guy with the deep voice but they keep changing the name of it. If they find some consistency maybe theyll find a fanbase.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Its funny, year after year they always do these clip shows with in car audio and the guy with the deep voice but they keep changing the name of it. If they find some consistency maybe theyll find a fanbase.

If they'd continue to broadcast it, maybe they'd have a fan base. :yesshake:

It's no longer televised as far as I'm aware of. If one of you do know of where & when, let me know. :scratch:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Schrader is gone too

I wasn't sure if he was fired at the same time Alan and JB were let go, or if he stayed for the next incarnation :shock:

I don't have cable or satellite dish. I don't even have a digital converter for my TV at home. I just know that Speed has really gone down hill since they got rid of those people. I used to go over my ex-girlfriend's house to watch Speed, but after watching highlights of the race, there was nothing else to watch.

The only other thing that was good on Speed was that behind the sense show they had back in 2004 or 2005. I can't remember. My ex taped a few episodes for me, but I don't know if I still have them. They followed around Kevin Harvick, Rusty & Kenny Wallace, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Good show. So you got to see a different driver every week instead of one driver weeks after week.

Oh well. They don't get any of my money so why should I care :right: