Any updates on the new bird they launched recently?

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
did they turn it on yet? did it make it? Did aliens use it to send a countdown signal that'll disable our love buttons for good in T minus 20minutes?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
erm, well, yes..... you see. The Biaavians.....you see...they....have it in their posession.....and will not let it transmit anything but the Riley Martin Show....until they pay Him more money...and things of this nature....and what have you.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
They are using it to read your mind right now.

Seriously...it will probably be a few months until it gets tested and turned over to Sirius by Loral.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
erm, well, yes..... you see. The Biaavians.....you see...they....have it in their posession.....and will not let it transmit anything but the Riley Martin Show....until they pay Him more money...and things of this nature....and what have you.
BLOODY MARVELOUS!...:ter::rofl:

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
I am curious about how the new sat will interact with the existing three. With the new Sat having a more powerful signal does that mean that once its operational most radios will be using its signal rather than the original three? Do the radios simply latch on the the stronger signal? It amazing to me how the present sats smoothly transition or hand off from one to another. Does anyone know how this works so you don't notice?

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
You'll know it's up and running when the next $2.00 a month per subscription increase hits.

The notice will come in an email claiming to come from the Sirius legal department, despite being so poorly written a third grader would be ashamed to have penned it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You'll know it's up and running when the next $2.00 a month per subscription increase hits.

The notice will come in an email claiming to come from the Sirius legal department, despite being so poorly written a third grader would be ashamed to have penned it.

Well, now I know you are lying. There won't be any notice.