Any NRA Members?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yes, no? Benefits? Any help as to whether or not join would be helpful.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
bustedtees.2d2b9839d17e3fb6fc859da14507a709.gif

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
No, although I'm a pretty firm supporter of second amendment rights. Like the right to pluck squirrels with a high-powered assault rifle in state parks.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Yes, no? Benefits? Any help as to whether or not join would be helpful.

I was searching through couple of gun threads and I came across this thread. So hyson, did you ever join the NRA? I did late last year, when I started buying my rifles. Plus I support the Second Amendment which "protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Now they are trying to remove violent images from films and video games. No shit.

People would stop attending certain movies and sales of video games would go way down!

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I thought Tipper Gore and her band of busybodies did that?

Now it's Wayne Lapierre.

His name sounds suspiciously Canadian, so I tried to google where he was born. Apparently that's top secret. He attended high school in Virginia, but information about his birth is not available.

dualsub2006

Nov 11, 2008
But nothing about where he was born. How do we know he's really a US citizen, with 2nd amendment rights?
Even if he were born in Canada or France or anywhere else that wouldn't preclude him from being a US citizen today. He was born in 48 and graduated high school in 67. Citizenship then wasn't the high hurdle that it is today.

If one or both of his parents were "important" enough, citizenship would have been even easier.

This is like the Obama birth certificate BS. If you have proof, bring it. If you don't, well, you know what they say about conspiracy theorists.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Even if he were born in Canada or France or anywhere else that wouldn't preclude him from being a US citizen today. He was born in 48 and graduated high school in 67. Citizenship then wasn't the high hurdle that it is today.

If one or both of his parents were "important" enough, citizenship would have been even easier.

This is like the Obama birth certificate BS. If you have proof, bring it. If you don't, well, you know what they say about conspiracy theorists.

Yes, it is like the Obama birth certificate BS. That's part of the joke.

But if he was born somewhere else and naturalized, why isn't that information readily available? What is he hiding? Is he a Muslim?

dualsub2006

Nov 11, 2008
But if he was born somewhere else and naturalized, why isn't that information readily available? What is he hiding? Is he a Muslim?
He's not an elected official with a legal responsibility to disclose his status. Even if he is a resident alien on a Canadian passport, there's no law that says he can't be a VP at the NRA.

Oh, by the way I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of the NRA. I do own guns. Never felt the need or desire to join.