Any musicians here at DRC?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
What instruments you guys play? And what would you prefer to be playing?

I never got too good at guitar, so I never invested in anything worth bragging about. My best guitar is an Ibanez AEF Acoustic/Electric. I've also got a Yamaha Bass.

IbanezAEF30ETBKTN.jpg

The guitar I've always wanted is a Gibson Les Paul.

GibsonLesPaul_09_.jpg

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I've got an old Fender acoustic sitting in the closet. I'd like to dig it out and try to play it again, especially since you can essentially learn how on the Internet.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I've got an old Fender acoustic sitting in the closet. I'd like to dig it out and try to play it again, especially since you can essentially learn how on the Internet.

Exactly. Gone are the days when you sat through tons of lessons to learn campfire songs and Kumbaya. :icon_eek:
Within days of getting a guitar, I was working my way through the acoustic parts of Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven". Thanks to guitar tablature. :bigthumbup:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I play(ed) guitar, a very little bit of keyboard, and did some programming. I hardly ever get to play anymore though. Work and life keep getting in the way.

I'd love a big old Gibson ES335 and a PRS.

I've got a bunch of guitars - most of em are cheap, but I have a stratocaster and a Guild electric that I love, & a reasonable 12string acoustic. I used to play in a cover band in high school and college. We weren't great, but had boat load of fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I'm a master at air guitar:rock:

I don't play any instruments (never had the time), but I've written 100 crappy songs, so if Beyonce is reading this, and she's looking for new material, I got quite a lot. :D

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I used to have a 1987 G&L Invader that I would love to get my hands on again. It was Leo Fender's company after Fender
393363286_020b9ece3c.jpg

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I dabble in guitar....been playing for almost ten years now I guess. I have a Gibson electric and Fender acoustic...neither were very expensive.

I play a mean triangle as well.

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
I am a musician for sure. Check out our band!

GHOSTHOUSE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

As for instruments. I play a roland fantom x8, A roland ax synth (keytar), I have a king trumpet in mint condition from the 40s (beautiful piece of history), an Akai MPC 1000,A m-Audio axiom 25 midi controller,A minimoog,a microkorg, a BC rich warlock 4 string bass, a shitty 1990s kramer electric guitar (that I can't play),Stanton turntables and assorted congas,A djembe,shakers and percussive instruments and I think that is it......yeah I'm definitely an audiophile.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
My friend has a Jews Harp, I almost chipped my tooth the first time I played it, then got the hang of it.

I always wanted to get a guitar and learn, and Still want to, but have yet to do that. I have tons of friends who have local bands here and so I am in that atmopshere a lot, but never got into it myself.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
My friend has a Jews Harp, I almost chipped my tooth the first time I played it, then got the hang of it.

Yeah, I could definitely see that happening. Once in a while I'll snap my lip and make it fat :hhh:

Fun little thing to dick around with though.