Any cyclist here?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Just curious to see if there are any cyclist here. I know we had a small TDF discussion while the race was going on but that was it. There are a few of us here at TSS that are enthusiast so I wanted to put the feelers out.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I used to be before it became to dangerous to drive on the streets of Toronto with a bike. I also became to lazy.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Somehow after bashing it against rocks and getting it covered in mud, i dont think it would have the same impact as the photos suggest.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I've gotten more and more into Mountain Biking this summer. I got back into it for the cardio aspect because the treadmill got boring.

I haven't gotten out much latley though. Too much going on.

But no, I'm not an avid road cyclist.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Toronto has always been listed as a great city to bike in. I had no idea it was now dangerous.

If you are doing it recreationally, it has some nice trails (a tad crowded and filled with yahoos on the weekends). If you are using a bike as a means of commuting on the streets to get to and from work ... its dangerous. And the bike trails don't actually follow routes most people would use for commuting unless you want to bike an extra hour.

And they have bike lanes but they have 0 enforcement so 1 person cars just drive in the lane for car pooling, taxis, buses and bikes routinely.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Did a lot at one time, not so much anymore. Would travel around the midwest for some better tours (assault on Mt. Mitchell was one of my favorites - North Carolina) back when I was in much better shape. Mostly road/distance riding.

Have become more worried as the years go by with more distracted drivers due to cell phones, texting, etc. Had a few close calls with folks not paying attention and bumping me or cutting me off, without them even looking up from their phone. Cities cutting expenses are leaving many of the roads in bad shape as well. Now my Bianchi XL and I mostly share short to intermediate rides during quiet periods (weekend mornings).