Any Custom Stations like old Sirius Vacation station

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I haven't, but I love the idea. I wonder if DogStarRadio has some old playlists I could use as a seed...:idunno:

I've tried digging through his website and using Google's "site:" power tool and nothing popped up.

He has IM on his website... It says he is away right now, but you could always try sending him a message asking if he has any old playlists when he's online.

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
I've tried digging through his website and using Google's "site:" power tool and nothing popped up.

He has IM on his website... It says he is away right now, but you could always try sending him a message asking if he has any old playlists when he's online.
I've emailed him to see if he has any data that old. I'll update the thread when he responds.

The other option is to start with a Radio Margaritaville playlist, weed out the classic rock, and add some Hawiian music artists. But my experience with Slacker is that the better the input you give a station, the better the end result is.

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
I got a response to my email. DSR doesn't have data that old available. I have one other thought...I'll keep you all updated!

sthmpsn1

Nov 7, 2008
very cool! That was one of my favorite channels on Sirius. Especially this time of year!

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
Well here's a first shot...I'm not really happy with it yet. It gets more mellow than I remember Vacation being.

Tweak it and reshare it.

On Vacation

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
All good ideas. I've made those artists adds.

If anyone else wants to chime in, I'm open to suggestions.

Oct 29, 2008
Well here's a first shot...I'm not really happy with it yet. It gets more mellow than I remember Vacation being.

Tweak it and reshare it.

On Vacation
I am not familiar with the station you are trying to mimic from sat radio, but I do like it so far.

I just think it is funny you guys are mimicking sat radio stations. As if you are preparing for the unspoken.......:twitch:

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I am not familiar with the station you are trying to mimic from sat radio, but I do like it so far.

I just think it is funny you guys are mimicking sat radio stations. As if you are preparing for the unspoken.......:twitch:
I went from Fm to Satrad then to internet radio,i liked the idea of the niche channels and mimiced them on slacker and pandora,but they are much better and no dj's:buttrock: