Any chance we can get tom Leykis?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
If he works for FREE?

Just kidding, I guess anything is possible. :clueless:

I used to listen to him online and he seemed OK.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
He did not do that well during his stint in NY. But that could have been, in part, due to the lousy station he was on. I get the impression that, like Opie and Anthony, he has a very small, but fiercely loyal following.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
We need people that are doing well to come to Sirius. Not the people that can barely get an audience in the trainwreck that is testicle-less radio.... People like Howard and Bubba who had big FM numbers when they departed, not the market-killers.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
We need people that are doing well to come to Sirius. Not the people that can barely get an audience in the trainwreck that is testicle-less radio.... People like Howard and Bubba who had big FM numbers when they departed, not the market-killers.

He used to do pretty good when Howard was on the station. I think he'd be a good catch for Sirius. They should get rid of Martha and Oprah (their contracts end this year I think) and throw a couple million at Tom. He is an established radio personality and I think he'd be a good addition for a relatively small outlay of cash when compared to the money they throw at non-radio people.

Plus, I think the uncensored format would be a shot in the arm for his show which hasn't been all that great the past few years. It'd be like "Miserable Men" except funny and interesting!

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Plus, I think the uncensored format would be a shot in the arm for his show which hasn't been all that great the past few years.

Or maybe it's just him and we'd get a show that, by your own admission, hasn't been all that great the last couple of years...

:idunno:

Smok44

Nov 19, 2008
Belmar, NJ
If you don't like him you don't have to listen to him, just like we all say about howard. Leykis has a helluva huge following in the west.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
You have to take Leykis with a grain of salt. He is very intelligent and quick witted, but not too wacky. More intelligent funny I guess. He was syndicated in Dallas for years and I used to listen to him. I doubt Sirius would do too well with him, though he would make a great contrast to the line up.

Smok44

Nov 19, 2008
Belmar, NJ
HE is controversial and gets people talking. Theres no reason the Howard channels couldn't break this sillyness format for a little change. i think the dynamic would be good, Howard and Bubba could comment on the subjects Leykis has people arguing about. Leykis on the other hand could chime in on the other 2. Leykis does respect Howard so i don't think there would be a problem, but who the hell knows these days! Just a thought.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Leykis does not necessarily need to be on a Howard channel. There are plenty of talk/entertainment channels to choose from if Howard did not want it.

The million dollar question is whether the cost of Leykis will yield sufficient incremental subscriber revenue.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I suppose someone will say that maybe it will happen once Sirius/XM is out from those expensive Oprah/Martha Stewart contracts!! :wave:

IIRC, they just re-signed Martha recently. Of course, her contract isn't as exorbitant as Oprah's, and she does some actual shows herself if I'm not mistaken...

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Martha Stewart's channel actually isn't all that bad.

I can't stand the preachy crap on the Oprah channel. It does amaze me how many people hang on her (and her posse's) every word.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
He's on BlowmeupTom.com now .. a regular show at 6 eastern that's replayed all the time it isn't on live.. and it's uncensored. doesn't have a phone app but you can listen to it off the website on the smartphone . it's a show ripe for satellite ..he says he got 400,000 listeners his first week.