Another vacation, another huge news story.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
(This isn't meant to be an anti-vacation thread)

Everyone always points this out, but it really is true that something big happens in the news when the Stern show goes on vacation...

From CNN:

Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy dead

Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the patriarch of the first family of Democratic politics, died late Tuesday at his home in Hyannisport, Massachusetts, after a lengthy battle with brain cancer. He was 77. "We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," a family statement said.

End of an Erra

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Shhhh, Howard is sleeping in this morning.

howard-stern.bmp

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Shhhh, Howard is sleeping in this morning.

howard-stern.bmp

I still don't understand how people can give him shit for taking holidays. This is how it would go if it were any of us:

work: we've accepted your request for 10 weeks holidays on your new contract.
Me: OK.

It sucks he's off so much but it's not the end of the world.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I really hope he doesn't re-sign. I mean sirius could use that money to hire a lot of new talent. I mean I'm really getting tired of the lack of friday/weekend live talk programming

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I still don't understand how people can give him shit for taking holidays. This is how it would go if it were any of us:

work: we've accepted your request for 10 weeks holidays on your new contract.
Me: OK.

It sucks he's off so much but it's not the end of the world.

I have no problem with his vacation time or his Fridays. I've got used to it. I think your right when you say thats how it would go for any of us. Except I don't get Fridays off and I only get 4 weeks vacation. :p The only thing that bothers me is when he gets back and bicthes because he went past 10:30 am. I don't know about you, but if I had all that time off and Fridays off I wouldn't bitch about ending my day at 10:30am or 11am. Thats just me though others might bitch.

The OP did not mean for this thread to turn into a bitch session and I appreciate that. He's right about people dying when their off though.

Last edited:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I have no problem with his vacation time or his Fridays. I've got used to it. I think your right when you say thats how it would go for any of us. Except I don't get Fridays off and I only get 4 weeks vacation. :p The only thing that bothers me is when he gets back and bicthes because he went past 10:30 am. I don't know about you, but if I had all that time off and Fridays off I wouldn't bitch about ending my day at 10:30am or 11am. Thats just me though others might bitch.

The OP did not mean for this thread to turn into a bitch session and I appreciate that. He's right about people dying when their off though.

Yeah bitching about going past 10:30 is a little much after all that time off is a little much. :bigthumbup:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I really hope he doesn't re-sign. I mean sirius could use that money to hire a lot of new talent. I mean I'm really getting tired of the lack of friday/weekend live talk programming

Hell yea, bring back The Radio Chick. That show was really good.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
The Daily Show and Colbert are in the middle of a three-week vacation.

How nice! Do they run the same old rerun shows with the same old guests each time they aren't on live?

If so, someone should contact Hoard and tell him that yet another couple of tv folks are stealing from him.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Daily Show and Colbert are in the middle of a three-week vacation.

Brian Williams is taking the night off NBC Nightly News. (He's been off a lot lately, actually.) Of course, he doesn't actually announce it..we have to find out right when they go on the air.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I think the point of the OP is that they're on vacation, and then when they return, they'll treat Ted Kennedy's death like it *just* happened, and it just makes for boring radio after about 5 mins.