Annnnnnd It's Started.....

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
TMD's first call complainning about Chase for the Cup from Chris, NC @ 7:30. He's fired up! :soapbox: :bigahh:

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Ahh, the offseason radio chatter. Here comes endless ways to change the chase and qualifying. The endless ramblings by some show hosts to try and keep us interested a.k.a. "postulates". And the part i look forward to the most. The shuffling, firing and hiring of new hosts come Jan 1. With Sirius bleeding cash and it's stock having a 4 shares for a buck blowout sale, big change is coming to 128. The only way i see Choc staying is if Childress himself ponies up some money to keep that infomertial on the air. Or is he doing that already? If so, can he continue to afford it?

The one thing i do love about Sirius is the great choice of channels to listen to during the off season snooze fest.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
With Sirius bleeding cash and it's stock having a 4 shares for a buck blowout sale

Man, I think I might buy some of that stock considering the democrats are going to try to kill free speech on terrestrial radio. A lot of big names may go to sat. radio and their listeners are going to follow them.

Sirius may be down now but I'd bank on it having a BIG future.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The endless ramblings by some show hosts to try and keep us interested a.k.a. "postulates".

Oh, I think Poole's postulates are fantastic for discussion. I wish it was done everyday and started in the first hour to give more time for discusion. There have been times when I wanted to chime in and the dang show went off the air.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
Oh, I think Poole's postulates are fantastic for discussion. I wish it was done everyday and started in the first hour to give more time for discusion. There have been times when I wanted to chime in and the dang show went off the air.

That statement wasn't directed at just Mr. Poole. All the shows use a postulate method to start a discussion about a topic and keep us interested and the phone lines lit up.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
Man, I think I might buy some of that stock considering the democrats are going to try to kill free speech on terrestrial radio. A lot of big names may go to sat. radio and their listeners are going to follow them.

Sirius may be down now but I'd bank on it having a BIG future.

You might want to rethink that. Look on the other boards here. Previously uncensored music channels are now being censored on sat rad. Last week both Howard and Bubba did what ill term as "bits" about censoring. Howard read a supposed "email" about him toning down the cursing. Bubba did something very similar the same day. As for the buying shares now, Look at thier long range financials. Sirius/xm has a few billions of loans due the first quarter of next year. With credit tightening, and cash flow not able to make the payments its not looking good. There is also talks in some circles about chapter 11 filings. If you do take a gamble and buy some shares, dont buy more than you can afford to lose. Satrad format is wonderful, hopefully it will turn around.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
You might want to rethink that. Look on the other boards here. Previously uncensored music channels are now being censored on sat rad. Last week both Howard and Bubba did what ill term as "bits" about censoring. Howard read a supposed "email" about him toning down the cursing. Bubba did something very similar the same day. As for the buying shares now, Look at thier long range financials. Sirius/xm has a few billions of loans due the first quarter of next year. With credit tightening, and cash flow not able to make the payments its not looking good. There is also talks in some circles about chapter 11 filings. If you do take a gamble and buy some shares, dont buy more than you can afford to lose. Satrad format is wonderful, hopefully it will turn around.

I really hope the expert morons that run this biz doesnt screw it up and fold!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'm a trucker and I know truckers are going to sat. radio big time. As is anybody who travels a lot.

Any time I meet people talking racing or NFL I ask if they have sirius. And I tell them that if they are a fan they NEED to have sirius. LOL. I've turned a lot of people on to sirius. If I can, I let them sit and listen for a while.

I know sirius is having a tough time but I'm looking to the future. And, yes, hoping. ;)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
If sirius was smart they would let people choose the EXACT programs they want and charge a fair price. Or maybe a family-friendly package with the option to add channels.

Personally I don't want any so-called 'adult' material on my radio.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I'm a trucker and I know truckers are going to sat. radio big time. As is anybody who travels a lot.

Any time I meet people talking racing or NFL I ask if they have sirius. And I tell them that if they are a fan they NEED to have sirius. LOL. I've turned a lot of people on to sirius. If I can, I let them sit and listen for a while.

I know sirius is having a tough time but I'm looking to the future. And, yes, hoping. ;)

ME TOO, BROTHER!
truckersmiley.gif

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
If sirius was smart they would let people choose the EXACT programs they want and charge a fair price. Or maybe a family-friendly package with the option to add channels.

I gotta agree with that. I only listen to a few of the channels.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I can program 30 channels but only listen to two on a regular basis. Nascar and the NFL.

Every so often I'll drop over to some music but I don't stay there long.

I'll tell you something else that ticked me off when I learned of it...and that was that sirius charges you another subsription when you have another radio. I would have bought at least 4 other radios if it hadn't been for that. Even that half-price deal is too much....at least for me.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Oh my god I am listening to the replay of Chris in NC right now. He said Harvick and Hornaday were playing Goose and Maverick during the truck race :jj:

KSfarmgirl

Nov 6, 2008
Bagman may have to dart himself to get through the off season.

Personally, I'd snap. It annoys me when I hear all these people complaining. I get that voicing opinions is great and I respect that, but some of them are just poorly thought out and senseless.

But...if I don't like it...I just change it. :)