Andy Richter to Join Tonight Show w/ Conan O'Brien

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Wow, I didn't see that coming :shock:

Still holding out judgement, but the show should be pretty good. Conan's last 'Late Night' show was pretty good. :bigthumbup:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Way cool. Andy is pretty funny. It'll make it harder to decide between Letterman and Conan now. We used to watch Conan after Letterman.

Have to check out Fallon to see how he does.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Way cool. Andy is pretty funny. It'll make it harder to decide between Letterman and Conan now. We used to watch Conan after Letterman.

Have to check out Fallon to see how he does.

I don't know, I think Dave is pretty stale at this point. He is just not as exciting or energized like he use to be, Clearly Conan is the new blood flowing on late night TV. Andy will certainly add a new dimension to the Tonight show, sort of like McMahon and Johnny Carson.

I think just as Jay Leno has consistently beaten Letterman, so will Conan. It will be interesting to see it all unfold.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
With Great Moments in Presidential Speeches being over, it may be easier to switch to Conan. We'll have to see. Leno has a few bits that I like, but in general, he doesn't cut it for me.

At the very least, I may be able to get to bed an hour earlier.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Outside of Conan, Andy hasn't done well for himself.

Both his TV shows have bombed and he's only made marginal appearances in movies.

It almost doesn't surprise me that he's back to being Conan's sidekick, but then again, he's great under his aegis.

I still love Letterman, but I agree, he's getting old. I cringe at the fact that he doesn't do "CBS Mailbag" anymore and the fact that he cuts the Top 10 list out of a crapload of his broadcasts. He's 62, and Carson was 66 when he retired. I think he'll call it quits when his contract expires.

As for Joel Goddard - Conan's announcer on Late Night - sounds like he's staying in New York with his Asian boyfriend.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Excited to see Richter back on with Conan as I think he is hilarious. I even watched his failed tv shows and liked them.

I think Jimmy Fallon will do well. I think he is actually a good choice for a late night show as he is pretty witty and quick and will do well with the younger audience that liked Conan.

If I watch any of them, I will watch CONAN over all of em.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
That's what they said about Conan too. (I think Conan was surprised he finished the first year.)

I'm still willing to give Falon a chance.

Conan has to be given credit since he was a virtual unknown when he started doing Late Night. People were jeering him his first 2-3 years doing that show.

Hell, even a few NBC stations delayed his show to 3 a.m. in the morning. Conan even went to one of the markets, Houston, to see if people even heard of his show.

However, Fallon's not an unknown, and it'll be interesting if his show's a winner. I'll definitely be DVR-ing it.