America's Game

Discussion in 'NFL' started by AJ_II, Aug 10, 2009.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

This is such an awesome series on NFL Network. You guys ever catch any of them? I recommend it to ANY football fan. I recommend it even if you're not a football fan (my girlfriend, who knows nothing about sports, loves watching it with me...at least that's what she tells me).

Each episode tells the story of one of the Super Bowl champions (for example, the '85 Bears found below). The season is retold by three or four of the coaches and/or players from that team and narrated by one of many Hollywood actors (Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Laurence Fishburne, etc.).

They now even have some shows called "The Missing Rings" that highlight some of the best teams to never win a Super Bowl, like the '98 Vikings.

If you have the NFL Network, check it out. They air two episodes every Wednesday night (usually) and often will play some over the weekend.

America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsknhmNVtzM]YouTube - America's Game: '85 Chicago Bears part 1 of 5[/ame]
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I wish I had the NFL Network! :bigahh:
  3. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut New Member

I would gladly trade the NFL Network for the MLB Network.
  4. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

I am shocked that YOU don't have the MLB Network.
  5. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut New Member

It isn't offered on my satellite system. I get the NFL Network for free...it's good, but I ain't looking for it. I would have much preferred getting the chance to see a good highlights show that isn't so ESPNY-centric.
  6. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

Come on over to DirecTV if you can. Knowing the baseball enthusiast you are, it'd be worth the change to get the MLB Network, I think.
  7. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Get Directv and you will have both.
  8. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

The 2008 Steelers premieres September 9th.
  9. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

The 92 Cowboys were the best team I ever got to see play.
  10. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

I hate to say it, but those Cowboys teams were the best I've ever seen too. But I'm only 25, so the early '90's is far back as my memory goes.
  11. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

Aaron, warm up the DVR, the 2009 Saints premieres on September 8th at 9:00 Eastern.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVG0mndKJO8]YouTube - America's Game Saints Commercial - Version 1 - Sean Payton sleeping with Tiffany[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsrmw_io7sM&feature=related]YouTube - America's Game Saints Commercial - Version 2 - Juicy Fruit[/ame]
  12. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

The regular-season undefeated Patriots a couple of years ago were better...for 18 games. They ran up college football scores.

2007 New England Patriots season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But that Dallas team was probably among the best to win the Super Bowl and certainly among the most talented (thanks, Herschel Walker :rolleyes:).
  13. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

its a good show. and the ads for the show are perhaps better than the actual show.
  14. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

It's always weird comparing/contrasting teams from different eras, but I think I'd put my money on the '92 or '93 Cowboys.