American manufacturing

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hi kids,

We need to rebuild American manufacturing. That will take years, and until it comes to fruition, I'd like to develop of list of existing American manufacturers that we can patronize in the meantime.

I'm collecting this information on my blog: http://blog.davidperryonline.com

Look for the American manufacturing post and leave a comment with your domestic manufacturer's name and website, what they make, and why you like them. I'll either figure out how to display all comments :pointlaugh: or add new entries as responses come in.

Here are three that I like to prime the pump:

Great American Puzzle Factory
: They make my boys' John Deere tractor puzzles.

American Apparel : This company makes clothing in downtown LA and is worker- and environment-friendly. I have a t-shirt from them that I received in a 5k race and it's very comfortable.

ADMMicro: These guys make systems that monitor energy usage in buildings.

Thanks. I know there are great American companies to support.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Oh, for Pete's sake. I know there are some companies right here in the good ol' USA that you like and don't want to see go away.

For example:

Harley Davidson motorcycles
SyntaxBrillian, makers of the Olevia HDTV, the only TV made in America

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Do you want to support America? Support the last remaining American industries: Beer, cigarettes, and prostitutes. :yesshake:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Manufacturing? Only if the cost of transport forces us to do it here. Otherwise, export that robot work, or automate it and then export the robots.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not to change the subject, but it does tie in. Seeing Anheuser-Busch being bought out by InBev. I was thinking during the holidays Budweiser truly is an American Tradition, now owned by InBev a Belgium Company. So, so sad!

Locally there is a few companies that have nationwide sales, one that I can think of all the top of my head is a fishing lure company.

Bill Lewis Lures

5527 Coliseum Blvd
Alexandria, LA 71303
318-487-0352

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Not to change the subject, but it does tie in. Seeing Anheuser-Busch being bought out by InBev. I was thinking during the holidays Budweiser truly is an American Tradition, now owned by InBev a Belgium Company. So, so sad!

Truly a sad day when that happened. We're losing WAY too many of our companies to foreign interests. Now I've been hearing that Chrysler is entering a "partnership" with Fiat (basically all Fiat wants is to use Chrysler to sell Fiat cars at Chrysler dealerships)... it makes me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against foreign cars, either. I just think what Fiat is doing is pretty scummy.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Truly a sad day when that happened. We're losing WAY too many of our companies to foreign interests. Now I've been hearing that Chrysler is entering a "partnership" with Fiat (basically all Fiat wants is to use Chrysler to sell Fiat cars at Chrysler dealerships)... it makes me sick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against foreign cars, either. I just think what Fiat is doing is pretty scummy.

Scummy? Why? We'll finally be able to get a Fiat 500 here!

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Locally there is a few companies that have nationwide sales, one that I can think of all the top of my head is a fishing lure company.

Bill Lewis Lures

5527 Coliseum Blvd
Alexandria, LA 71303
318-487-0352

Excellent. Too many lures are made in China. When I fished, I always shopped my local bait store and bought hand-made rigs from the owner.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I dunno, maybe I'm just cynical. It just all smells kind of like the Daimler deal to me. Get what you need out of the company, leave them damaged, and dump them on the side of the road.

And? Chrysler sucks. The Fiat 500 r00lz! Especially that little Abarth number.

a_408.jpg