ALT NATION has been.....

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
BRILLIANT that past couple weeks! I'm thinking I might have to pick up a couple CDs by *gasp* NEW BANDS?!?!?!

Unfortunately I'm pimp'n the SL2 over here and can't record nah-tha!

247HardAttack

Jun 19, 2009
I don't listen to this station as much as Octane or Liquid metal but when I do I like what I hear on Alt Nation. I think all the rock stations are awesome!!!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Agreed, some good things lately. All the current rock stations seem better lately, Octane, Alt Nation and Liquid Metal are all good the last few weeks especially. Faction is doing better, too

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Here's a question: Is Alt Nation awesome because of the people behind the station, or is it just that the music has been getting a lot better as of late?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, nice to hear a few things on First Wave that aren't the same ol' same ol'. Hoping the trend continues. I wish they'd drop the whole Dark Wave thing and just play that stuff during regular rotation since it was getting regular play back in the day. Sorry for the continued hijack of the Alt Nation thread...

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I've been love'n Alt Nation lately. There has been some really good stuff coming out lately that I've been getting into - Silversun Pickups, Carolina Liar, Depeche Mode (wow), Doves, Matt & Kim, Green Day, Yeah, yeah, yeahs and on and on.....

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
The great thing about Alt Rock this year is you have some awesome new bands, the staples of the decade, and every major Alt Rock group it seems like from the 90s is making a comeback this year. It's awesome!:buttrock:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The great thing about Alt Rock this year is you have some awesome new bands, the staples of the decade, and every major Alt Rock group it seems like from the 90s is making a comeback this year. It's awesome!:buttrock:

I have been listening to a lot of Alt Nation latley and have discovered some cool new bands that I really like.

My new favorite is Dead Confederate. Alt Nation plays "the Rat" which is a great song but then I went and bought some of there other stuff and really love it. \

Alt Nation is what a Rock Station should be---a station that plays some "hits" but also intro's a lot of cool new bands for us to discover.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I have been listening to a lot of Alt Nation latley and have discovered some cool new bands that I really like.

My new favorite is Dead Confederate. Alt Nation plays "the Rat" which is a great song but then I went and bought some of there other stuff and really love it. \

Alt Nation is what a Rock Station should be---a station that plays some "hits" but also intro's a lot of cool new bands for us to discover.

On the new guy front: I've been into Cage the Elephant's "No Rest For the Wicked" & The Limousines "Very Busy People."

As for old guys: 311's new album is surprisingly their best work, Third Eye Blind is coming back strong thus far, and if you could call Green Day old, they've got the best album of the year thus far in my opinion:bigthumbup:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
On the new guy front: I've been into Cage the Elephant's "No Rest For the Wicked" & The Limousines "Very Busy People."

As for old guys: 311's new album is surprisingly their best work, Third Eye Blind is coming back strong thus far, and if you could call Green Day old, they've got the best album of the year thus far in my opinion:bigthumbup:

The Cage tune is awesome.
I'm digging the Thermals too.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Just a tip...

If you want a dose of really new music, listen to Sirius XM U. They play many of the bands mentioned here, with a much wider variety of new artists. Much of it eventually makes it to the other channels. They also play some old stuff too.

While I don't like every single artist they play, I find that I like a lot of them, and I'm also an Alt Nation fan.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Just a tip...

If you want a dose of really new music, listen to Sirius XM U. They play many of the bands mentioned here, with a much wider variety of new artists. Much of it eventually makes it to the other channels. They also play some old stuff too.
True that, some of the best variety still on SatRad.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just a tip...

While I don't like every single artist they play, I find that I like a lot of them, and I'm also an Alt Nation fan.

You're right, and I need to put that one on my presets. I listen every now and again, and hear some cool stuff, but every now and then they play a little too much of the mellow stuff and I forget to come back.