All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
There is plenty of Disney Park news that I follow. We have threads for all sorts of Disney movies and TV but not so much the other stuff like parks and resorts and cruises and whatever else. Even though I live only like 3 hours away, the last time I was there was 2013. I need to make another pilgrimage. I love that place.

happily-ever-after-blue-16x9.jpg

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This tweet is what made me think of the thread idea.

I love all the little Disney touches like that.

Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I’m about 5 hours away from the original happiest place on earth. I haven’t been there in several years and need to go back soon. I been so busy and I don’t have the funds either. Maybe in couple of years when things get better for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Pirates of the Caribbean is clearly best at Shanghai Disneyland. Even with all the dumb Johnny Depp changes (which I guess aren't changes in Shanghai since it opened in 2016) it's still cool:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Now that I have a car with a/c that I trust to drive me all over the place I'm really tempted to get this:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/weekday-select-pass/purchase/

Weekday passes would be fine. They are the less crowded times. It's really only a 10 month pass cause June and July are completely blacked out but if I go once a month for any combo of 4 months it pays for itself. Daily tickets are $100+. If you buy a bunch of days at once it can get down to only like $50 something per day but with my new(ish) gig I'd never be able to spend more than 2 days at a time at the park so making it 1 longer vacation is out of the question.

I think day trips could be fun. I haven't been since 2014 and I've got the itch. It's right around 200 miles from me. I enjoy driving and can bang out 400 in a day no problem.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I did it, spent the day at Disney! Started the trip around 1 pm and like a complete moron blindly followed my GPS not remembering I had turned on the 'avoid tolls' option awhile back. So the trip there took like 90 minutes longer than it should have. The drive home was quick and fine using the Turnpike so I can see myself doing it a whole lot over the next 52 weeks.

I finally got there and bought the annual weekday pass! It's not that expensive. I thought about doing the monthly payment thing but I do not need more bills in my life so I ponied up the full amount.

Today was an EPCOT day cause I got there at like 5 pm and that park closed the latest at 10. Did the Mission Space ride, Test Track and Spaceship Earth. All were lots of fun. I also walked around the nations section of the park twice and for a big fatso like me that's a good workout.

I love Disney and am happy I took the plunge with the yearly pass. I plan to go to Animal Kingdom next Friday.

While in the park I had this totally original idea to take a picture of Spaceship Earth. Kinda weird I was the first to ever think to do that.

YN4xAYe.jpg

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Well I did it, spent the day at Disney! Started the trip around 1 pm and like a complete moron blindly followed my GPS not remembering I had turned on the 'avoid tolls' option awhile back. So the trip there took like 90 minutes longer than it should have. The drive home was quick and fine using the Turnpike so I can see myself doing it a whole lot over the next 52 weeks.

I finally got there and bought the annual weekday pass! It's not that expensive. I thought about doing the monthly payment thing but I do not need more bills in my life so I ponied up the full amount.

Today was an EPCOT day cause I got there at like 5 pm and that park closed the latest at 10. Did the Mission Space ride, Test Track and Spaceship Earth. All were lots of fun. I also walked around the nations section of the park twice and for a big fatso like me that's a good workout.

I love Disney and am happy I took the plunge with the yearly pass. I plan to go to Animal Kingdom next Friday.

While in the park I had this totally original idea to take a picture of Spaceship Earth. Kinda weird I was the first to ever think to do that.

YN4xAYe.jpg
That's funny about the gps. We once went to a local wedding the day after riding bikes, and the wife's gps was set to bike routes. As we approached the highway to get from the local road, it was directing us in another direction and said we had 2 hours to go.

That ride - I think it's Mission Earth- has a choice of 2 thrill levels; red and green (or something). We took red when it was just us adults, about 5 years ago. We both got extremely nauseous. What were we thinking?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Mission Earth- has a choice of 2 thrill levels; red and green

Yea it does make you a bit light headed. It is essentially a fancy, Disney version of any local fair's Gravitron ride.

I like how it simulates the blast-off of the ship.

We once went to a local wedding the day after riding bikes, and the wife's gps was set to bike routes.

At least we're not this bad:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I had GPS set to walking once and forgot to change it back for a drive.
It said it would take 2 days to get to my destination........

Glad you're digging Disney.
Last time I was there, I got pneumonia.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Let me ramble a bit about how this weekend was a really big deal for me.

I grew up loving Disney. My mom loved Disney and it rubbed off on me in a big way. I was lucky enough to have parents who took me there pretty much yearly. Mom loved it so much she bought into the Disney timeshare, AKA Disney's Vacation Club. As was the case with a lot of things, my dad wasn't obsessed like my mother and I. He went along with it because it's what my mom wanted and I assume keeping the Mrs. happy meant a steady stream of poon so the pros outweighed the cons. Anyway, I have nothing but great memories of our Disney trips. Yea there were the occasional fights but even still we were all together as a family. Now I have mixed feelings on nostalgia trips and how it has affected media, like movies and TV shows and all that, but with Disney I'm fully on board. Wondering through the park is a delight. Seeing how it hasn't happened yet, I doubt I'll ever grow out of it.

Now, somehow I wound up in FL. Back in 05 it was bad times. The Birds lost the Super Bowl and I was down here for all the wrong reasons. Then I get a good job and kept it for 10 years. About half way through I fuck up my life, again, and don't deal with he consequences until 2016. Flash forward to now and it's all behind me. I got the breathalyzer out of my car last Friday and that was the final part of all this nonsense I had to take car of. A few days before that I manage to use my savings to buy a reliable car (I never really trusted the van for long Disney-like trips) and I've always enjoyed driving so having a solid car is so nice. Then, the same day the DUI stuff is all finally 100% behind me, I go to Disney to celebrate and get a yearly pass. What a great way to celebrate. As a kid I always imagined how amazing it would be to go to Disney whenever I wanted and now I can do exactly that. I'm sure after these initial few weeks I'll slow down and not go every single Friday but one thing I do know for sure is that every time I set foot in one of those parks it will put a smile on my face.

It's a good situation I've managed to put myself in and it feels good.

Last edited: