All Things Disney - Except Movies

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Just had a delicious car meal in the Hollywood studios lot. Now off to wander around the park. This is my least favorite park but even my least favorite park in Disney is still a place I'd gladly go to every day of the week.

Maybe you said this in a previous post, but have you been to the new Toy Story Land?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
That reminds me of a dumb answer given in the Fast Money round on an episode of Family Feud. The question: "Besides Mickey Mouse, name a character you might see walking around at Disneyland." The woman's answer: "Daffy Duck." Ai-yi-yi!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Maybe you said this in a previous post, but have you been to the new Toy Story Land?

And how about Harry Potter? I'm asking for a friend.

I went to Toy Story Land a week or two ago. It's very nice but incredibly busy in even slower days. I can only imagine what that means for Star Wars Land since they will be about the same size.

It's very nice. Made to be Andy's back yard with all the toys he set up with random household objects. They nailed the theme of the place. They already had 1 Toy Story ride in Hollywood Studios and they rerouted the entrance and exit to make it part of the new land. It has 3 rides total and the main draw is the Slinky Dog roller coaster. I've yet to do it cause I'm not waiting in the crazy long line. Overall it's a nice place and I'll like it more when the novelty dies down and it's less crowded....probably when Star Wars Land opens this summer.

Never been to Harry Potter land but it looks cool. I might spend a day at Universal once the new Jurassic Park coaster is built and if that's the case I'd be sure to check out Harry Potter for the first time. And I don't even like the movies but the land looks sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
That's cool.. I wouldn't want to wait in a two hour line either. Although we did wait for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and that was like an hour and 40 minutes.

I'm dying to go back, especially after Star Wars opens, but the lines will be brutal.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That's cool.. I wouldn't want to wait in a two hour line either. Although we did wait for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and that was like an hour and 40 minutes.

I'm dying to go back, especially after Star Wars opens, but the lines will be brutal.

It's been a few years since Avatar Land opened in Animal Kingdom and Flight of Passage still averages a 2 hour line. If you stay in a Disney hotel you can reserve a fastpass 60 days before you are in the park. For regular passholders it's only 30 days and I can NEVER get one for that ride. However, if you come at opening you can still get on it in less than 30 mins.

My point is that Star Wars and Toy Story Lands will be busy for a long time to come so it's not really worth putting off a trip until the new stuff has been open for awhile. If you plan right you can do it all without crazy long wait times.

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Exactly, lines are just something to deal with. Just gotta pick a time of the year with decent weather. I've been to Disney in the summer, and the heat was miserable. Went last time in April, and it was super nice.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The second half of Jan and all through Feb are the best. Lowest crowds and lowest temperatures.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
What about having the ticket?

The ticket, which is a credit card looking thing with a sweet Mickey logo, has all the same features as the Magic Band. I will be using the ticket from now on. After I lost the band I figured out that I can use the ticket w/o even taking it out of my wallet. I just hold my wallet up to the scanning devices used to get into the parks and onto Fastpass rides and they read it with no problems.

Disney does a great job of hypnotizing you into wanting to buy stuff. After I lost my band my first thought was to buy a sweet Figment anniversary band for $35! That's just nuts. Glad I was able to hold off on that nonsense during my in-the-park-induced-hypnosis, and I'm happy to just use the ticket.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Week 7 of #ReturementLife is at an end and so are the dark days of my Easter Disney blackout. Glad the old man didn't die when I abandoned him for 2 nights last week and now I can get back to the normal routine.

Back to the parks today! Quick pit-stop in Melbourne first to say hi to my aunt and uncle then off to the Magic Kingdom. Not sure if I will do multiple parks today, we'll see how it goes once I'm up there.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Good God, the FL Turnkipe was a scene out of the Biblical plagues. It's mating season for some bugs and they fly around connected to each other fucking. They don't care where they are so huge swarms were all over the road. So bad that all the pit stops had lines out into the highway. I had to pull over to clean my windshield cause i could barely see. Good thing i had a towel and waaher fluid in my trunk cause the wipers were useless. Hopefully its better on the way back. I'm worried abt my grill getting clogged.