All Things Amazon

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Another rant about Amazon customers - AKA people stoopid. I went to an ortho doc for my Popeye's elbow, he drained the fluid, and now it's going right back in. So I'm looking for an elbow compression sleeve I can wear all day. This one has 145 questions on Amazon, but it's the same ones over and over. All this information is clearly described (multiple times) in the product description.
1569868560780.png

It's a combination of 2 things:
1) People are too stupid and lazy to bother reading even one page of previously posted questions. If they did, they'd see that whatever question they had was already asked and answered.
2) People have a sense of privilege and entitlement which prevents them from choosing to read and accept other people's answered questions. They don't give a shit what other people asked. "I don't care about them; I'm not going to waste my time reading through all those questions. I want to ask MY question, and I expect someone to answer it."

And who the hell is answering these questions? Do we even know? Is it an expert at Amazon? A rep from the company? Or just other idiot customers responding to the first idiots?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Another rant about Amazon customers - AKA people stoopid. I went to an ortho doc for my Popeye's elbow, he drained the fluid, and now it's going right back in. So I'm looking for an elbow compression sleeve I can wear all day. This one has 145 questions on Amazon, but it's the same ones over and over. All this information is clearly described (multiple times) in the product description.
View attachment 5674

It's a combination of 2 things:
1) People are too stupid and lazy to bother reading even one page of previously posted questions. If they did, they'd see that whatever question they had was already asked and answered.
2) People have a sense of privilege and entitlement which prevents them from choosing to read and accept other people's answered questions. They don't give a shit what other people asked. "I don't care about them; I'm not going to waste my time reading through all those questions. I want to ask MY question, and I expect someone to answer it."

And who the hell is answering these questions? Do we even know? Is it an expert at Amazon? A rep from the company? Or just other idiot customers responding to the first idiots?

Yeah. I got nothing.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm thinking about buying this for the girl:

What do you all think?

She has one of those dustbusters that attaches to a vacuum and I think this would be a nice upgrade. I'm weary that it's not a Roomba but they are super expensive.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Never buy a broad a vacuum!!!!!!!!!

Also, never let her hear you call her a broad........

Two tips from an old guy that has managed to keep one of em around for 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Dude, I would never buy a woman a vacuum. It could turn into a insult or possibly think "You are calling me a pig?"

Unless she asks for it, then buy it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Dude, I would never buy a woman a vacuum. It could turn into a insult or possibly think "You are calling me a pig?"

Unless she asks for it, then buy it.

I thought of that. Like the Peloton bike ad. But I figure since it's a robot it will be ok. I'm not asking the broad to clean the house.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I thought of that. Like the Peloton bike ad. But I figure since it's a robot it will be ok. I'm not asking the broad to clean the house.

Maybe I see things a different way. If she doesn't like to vacuum, then I can understand. Either way it's a robot vacuum and and you're still asking her to clean the place.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
fuck. just asked the girl about it cause you all made me think it was best to run it by her and she told me a hard no.

ok, well that's why i have you guys i guess.

Reactions: Wolf

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
and you're still asking her to clean the place.
Exactly! You're saying that it's woman's work, and she should get busy cleaning the place.
Even if they ask for cleaning or exercise equipment, don't fall for it! It's a trap!
Get them a proper gift, and buy the vacuum just some random time that you're running errands with her.

Reactions: Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Exactly! You're saying that it's woman's work, and she should get busy cleaning the place.
Even if they ask for cleaning or exercise equipment, don't fall for it! It's a trap!
Get them a proper gift, and buy the vacuum just some random time that you're running errands with her.

You know how many fucking dishes I do around here? I'm also not adverse to a mop. On top of that a girl needs clean sheets every week, shit aint easy.

I'm thoughtful goddamnit.

Modern fucking family.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I just pulled the trigger on Amazon Unlimited Music after weeks or months of seeing the 4 months for $0.99 ad. The ad today said it was the last day (I'm sure they will have other promotions soon enough) so it got me.

The first thing I'm listening to is the OG Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack and I don't like it as much as the free with Prime 1996 London cast version.

I now have 2 music streaming services, this and Live Phish which has almost all of their back catalogue along with every new show they do minutes after it's over. I really get my monies worth out of that one.

I wonder if I will remember to cancel this in May or if I will like is so much by then I'll keep it for the $8.00/month.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Our nation's obesity epidemic is caused in large part by people's lack of physical activity. Many people no longer go shopping; they buy things online and they have groceries delivered. Many people no longer go out to eat; they have restaurant food delivered. Many people no longer go to movies; they stream films at home. Soon they won't even have to get out of their car to pay for gasoline. What next?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Our nation's obesity epidemic is caused in large part by people's lack of physical activity. Many people no longer go shopping; they buy things online and they have groceries delivered. Many people no longer go out to eat; they have restaurant food delivered. Many people no longer go to movies; they stream films at home. Soon they won't even have to get out of their car to pay for gasoline. What next?

Am I missing something?!?! This makes no f'in sense to me. Someone has to put the gas in the car. It's either:
A) you, so you're already at the pump, not sitting in the car, or
B) a gas station attendant, who is a human, and doesn't respond to Alexa. Also, he's physically standing at your driver's side window, so you give him the card.

Is there another scenario?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Also, people aren't getting fat because they're no longer driving to restaurants; that makes no sense. They're getting fat because they don't take time to make a healthy meal, and unhealthy food is cheaper too.