After The Channel Merger Are You Adding or Canceling Accounts

Since the Music Channel Merger has happened .....

• Are you Adding Sirius Accounts?

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Are You Adding XM Accounts?

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Are You Adding Both Sirius and Xm Accounts?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you Canceling Sirius Accounts?

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Are You Canceling XM Accounts?

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Are You Canceling Both XM and Sirius Accounts?

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Are you doing nothing?

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Now that Sirius and XM are about the same on the music channel, that makes me wonder what the dual subscribers are doing.

• Are you Adding Sirius Accounts?
  • Are You Adding XM Accounts?
  • Are You Adding Both Sirius and Xm Accounts?
  • Are you Canceling Sirius Accounts?
  • Are You Canceling XM Accounts?
  • Are You Canceling Both XM and Sirius Accounts?
  • Are you doing nothing?

GAMER

Oct 27, 2008
I am going to wait and see what happens, will they go out of buisness, get bought, who knows, but if the programming get lame or the prices start going up, by by!

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Until they merge the talk channels I am doing nothing. I would love to have XM's talk (Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Bruce Williams, Etc) but I am afraid to invest in a new XM radio and cancel two of my Sirius accounts and make them XM with the Best of.

My wife's van has XM built in, but she uses a Sportster 4.

I have Sirius built into my Camry, but would get a XM radio and get Xm with Best of Sirius.

Since the Music Channels are the same, and I could get the NFL on Best of, XM is the better fit.

If XM's Talk survives, I would get XM in my Camry and the wifes van with the Best of Sirius, and go from 4 Sirius, to 2 Sirius, 2 XM with best of Sirius. If they would add the XM talk to the best of XM I would go that route.

Any idea when they will merge the Talk Channels?

Last edited:

edalen

Oct 14, 2008
www.ericdalen.com
When my Sirius subscription is up in January, I'll cancel. I already activated Best of Sirius. These last few days, my Sirius receiver was not used . . . until today. I was too lazy to go to my car to get the SkyFi3.

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
still a great deal anyway you slice it.
Its worth it just for all my talk radio stuff,sports
I cant imagine going back to testicular radio:no:
I still believe if they can just show people all they have to offer
sat radio can still be a very profitable .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm doing nothing for now. I do want to have a chat with XM CS about the cost of my primary XM sub (despite the dir announcement by DAB that I can't do it). If I don't call they won't record that this is something customers are wanting to do.

Other than that I am stuck. The biggest decision is what to get the daughter for her satrad sub. She has decided she wants one (of course she has yet to figure out how to pay for it).

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I'm mostly happy with the change. They added Book Radio with Sirius only programming on the weekend. It's too bad that there is some overlap between Sirius' version of Radio Classics and Book Radio. I don't see why they didn't merge Radio Classics programming.

What bugs me is the loss of "loved song" saving and radio replays on many music channels. I am giving them a week or two to fix the problem. If they don't fix it, I'll complain. That's a basic functionality of the SL2. It has to work. :bigahh:

I have at least 2 good reasons not to change to XM: XM doesn't get the CBC (not even with best of), and I have a life sub with Sirius...

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
I cancelled my SIRIUS account...but only because the channels/programs I enjoy (Margaritaville, Coffeehouse, Howard Stern, NFL, and NASCAR) are now on XM. Just to save $$$, not out of displeasure with 11/12's channel merger.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Like I said in other post, I've canceled my Sirius account which leaves me no Sirius subscription. I had 2 XM subs and I canceled one of those so now that leaves just one XM sub. This is working out very well. It is nice only having to worry about one service. The channel merger has been A+ to me, I am very happy about it.

I did add a Slacker premium sub which took the place of one of my sat radio subs.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I am clearly undecided whether I should cancel my XM or my Sirius. It comes down to $10 for XM Mostly Music or $13 Sirius Everything. I was originally going to cancel Sirius. My XM radio gets better reception. But my Sirius radio is new and sounds better. Plus I would get Sporting News radio, Jimmy Buffet and Sinatra. Since I got a Slacker, I will cancel one of them to pay off for my G2.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
I have at least 2 good reasons not to change to XM: XM doesn't get the CBC (not even with best of), and I have a life sub with Sirius...

there's my reason. also with sirius i have guaranteed uofl games whereas going with xm + bos i wouldn't be due to bandwidth space.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Before the music merger I cancelled my old radio because it stopped working both in my car and in my boombox. I have reason to believe that this all started when the "Best Ofs..." changes came into effect and that they might be phasing out old radios! Right now I have one SL100 and I'm going to give the music programming a little more time to win me over. if that doesn't work, I might be Sirus-Less for the first time in 3 years!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I had one Sirius subcription before the merger, and I will continue with that.

I may have liked the selection of music channels better before the channel merger (Movin' EZ), but the channel shuffle has definitely rekindled my interest in the service. I look forward to spending more time checking out some of these channels that I've not heard before. :)

Last edited:

Dark Star

Nov 2, 2008
I canceled my Sirius account and stuck with my two XM accounts. Even though there were a couple of talk stations on Sirius that I did like, it wasn't worth the 12.95 a month to hold onto the account after they merged the music stations. They're either going to be ported over on the next channel merge or gone. So I either wait a little bit or just do without on my own. I canceled last Tuesday and my new billing cycle was to start the next day. The timing was impeccable.

This is the first time I've ever had the chance to listen to some of the Sirius stuff without so much as a threat of a signal dropout. The front of my car isn't riddled with twist tied wires separating the plugs from each service, my computer desk here has just one receiver. It's been really nice.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
The poll seems to say that people are canceling Sirius accounts.

I can tell you that if it weren't for the fact that I paid $400 in August to have Factory Sirius put in my Camry I would have canceled Sirius and got XM plus Best of Sirius.

It seems like such a no brianer, do you think that is what they want us to do?

Are they wanting to move us all to XM's platform?

I said in another thread that they would be able to use the Sirius bandwidth for Video and expland it further.

I am going to wait until after the talk channels get merged to decide, but I am leaning toward Xm with Best of, I just want to make sure that I could get Glenn Beck and NFL radio on one radio, then I would be set, now that the Sirius Music Channels are t6he XM Music Channels.

Dark Star

Nov 2, 2008
I am going to wait until after the talk channels get merged to decide, but I am leaning toward Xm with Best of, I just want to make sure that I could get Glenn Beck and NFL radio on one radio, then I would be set, now that the Sirius Music Channels are t6he XM Music Channels.

Or find out when your next billing cycle starts and use that time frame to decide. I don't think that Sirius pro rates your account once a billing cycle has started. I know XM doesn't. If it's already paid for then there wouldn't be too much sense in canceling and going with a Best of (unless you really want everything under that one receiver or you're that close to the end of the cycle).

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Had 2 Sirius subs, 1 XM. I dropped my second Sirius sub, and semi-retired my little starmate replay workhorse. I now use my Inno as the primary radio, with best of sirius I literally have the stuff "worth listening to" on one device. Installed it in my car and am happy with it. Still have my primary Sirius sub at home, because of the strong fm transmitter, and Howard simply sounds better on Sirius still. Stand pat for now.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I can tell you that if it weren't for the fact that I paid $400 in August to have Factory Sirius put in my Camry I would have canceled Sirius and got XM plus Best of Sirius.

I'm the exact opposite. Sirius lifetime sub with XM in the car. Sort of stuck between the peverbial rock and hard place.

It is great having the same stations everywhere though.