After more than 4 years of the Wrap Up Show

TAZLV

Oct 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I love the Wrap Up Show, listen to it most of the time. I can sum up the two co-host with a sentence each.

John Hein-Asks a question he already knows the answer to, like he doesn't know it?

Typical Gary Dell 'Abate answer-"Listen.......the fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I love the Wrap Up Show, listen to it most of the time. I can sum up the two co-host with a sentence each.

John Hein-Asks a question he already knows the answer to, like he doesn't know it?

Typical Gary Dell 'Abate answer-"Listen.......the fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Perfect! :2funny:

This is pretty much verbatim from every show. I find myself listening less and less..... funny post though. +1

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i almost forget what it was life without the WUS. if i listen to stern its now a given that i will also listen to the wrap up. i guess you could say that its the only other show on the channels i listen to every day, like stern.

booey licking boffs ass gets old. benjy does not. i htink he shines on the WUS. i get a reak kick outta his zingers more often than not. i even like the vortex most of the time. also, its really cool when a fred or robin stops by like they both did last week.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
The Wrap Up Show is hit or miss. Jon Hein tries to create too many moments. He'll dwell on shit that nobody cares about. They never really discuss all the topics. He tries too hard with JD and Sal to create a clip for Howard to play the next morning.

There will be times where they go on and on about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Who gives a shit.

Hein goes into the Benjy vortex way too much and can't put a stop to it.

In other words the WUS is shit most of the time. The only good thing is that REAL CALLERS get through and give it to them. You never hear Bobo or some other piece of shit on the WUS.

Howard has like 10 guys he takes calls from. It never changes. There's some guy that even calls in three times a day.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The Wrap Up Show is hit or miss. Jon Hein tries to create too many moments. He'll dwell on shit that nobody cares about. They never really discuss all the topics. He tries too hard with JD and Sal to create a clip for Howard to play the next morning.

There will be times where they go on and on about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Who gives a shit.

Hein goes into the Benjy vortex way too much and can't put a stop to it.

In other words the WUS is shit most of the time. The only good thing is that REAL CALLERS get through and give it to them. You never hear Bobo or some other piece of shit on the WUS.

Howard has like 10 guys he takes calls from. It never changes. There's some guy that even calls in three times a day.

Yup.

I don't know why Howard bothers having him on to before Robin's News to give his rundown of the show, which Jon does again in the starting minutes of the show, only to turn the WUS into a JD/Sal/Medicated Pete clusterfuck.

I just listened to the show where Lisa Lampanelli was a guest on Howard's show. Jon spent fifty five minutes diddling on a "feud" between Med Pete and Beetlejuice and whether or not Med Pete was becoming too big headed for the show and with JD's delusional Ashley Dupre sex scenarios. The previous day he had Sal spouting on and on about whateverthefuck he always talks about.

Jon and Gary are not wrapping up the show and having a discussion about that day's show, it is becoming more and more about stirring the pot in hopes of providing content for the following day's show.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I like the wrap up show for the behind the scene moments--like when Gary was explaining how much went into the Tiger Woods Mistress Beauty Pagent. That is interesting.

I dont' like it when Benji derails the wrap up show. They spend too much time on one topic. For example--Benji's date to the Christmas party was talked about for two weeks on the Stern show and another two weeks on the wrap up show. It got really old.

I think Jon Hein does a great job, as does Gary but I just wish they had a little better sense of when to move it along and change topics.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I like TWUS, I find it entertaining to a point, and that point is where they get into something that they concentrate on for 45 minutes... JD and getting a date with Ashley and what they would do.... JD is a marble mouth, its funny as hell listening to him talk, but not about the same damn topic.....

Gary is horrible on the show if he was a bit more 'honest' with the lack of guests etc... but I think it might be talking about about the BOFF considering he has the last word on guests, I wouldn't be suprised if there were A-list celebrities that 'could have come on' that Howard just didnt' give two shits about and hence why they weren't...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
seems like my benjy feeling are not shared by anyone here.

i do agree that they go off on crazy side rants often that are too off topic like rock and roll hall of fame listed above. that gets real shitty real fast. also, someone was talking about the callers being better on the WUS. i find that the calls can be hit or miss, much like the stern show. for example, this week i thought the pete rose callers were really good. but then the next day that guy who called in about racism of the cast was boring and went on way too long for me.

giving jd an open mic is always a good idea and i love when jon tell his to 'go ahead' or 'keep going' stuff like that rocks. jd should have a 7pm show where he takes no calls and just has to try his best to fill the time. i think all the dead air might be even funnier than his speaking.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
The Benjy vortex is tolerable but they wait too much time between questions.

Jon: What do you mean that men with high testosterone are more likely to be bald?

Benjy: Yeah, it's true.

*waits 5 seconds*

Jon: So Jason has high testosterone?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i dig how benjy states shit like he is positive its a fact. like the hair thing you just said. also on thursdays show he seemed to know for a fact that retards cant vote in some states. meanwhile this is simply not the case. i think it can be funny how hes SO sure, yet dead wrong.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
The hair thing was frustrating cause I knew what he meant but he takes forever to explain something simple.

The type of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, is what causes baldness. That is a fact.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
its ok. sometimes there are good segments but mostly I find it boring. It's generally either a benjy vortex, or some lame caller with another conspiracy theory that he will defend to the death.

i did check out Geek Time today and found it to be surprisingly entertaining.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i did check out Geek Time today and found it to be surprisingly entertaining.

sweet a new geek time today? i love that show. even ralph the queer is good on it, berry and all. jason is cool too. i hope john hein takes him down for his ipad loving. i also love the tv sgment the best. thanks for the reminder!
:big:

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
sweet a new geek time today? i love that show. even ralph the queer is good on it, berry and all. jason is cool too. i hope john hein takes him down for his ipad loving. i also love the tv sgment the best. thanks for the reminder!
:big:

Geek Time sounded like it was a "best of" this week. I only caught part of it but what I heard was a replay of the Ipad segment when gary called in, a replay of another Ipad segment and a replay of the interview with the guy who directed the Wolfman remake. The only thing new was Ralph had recorded intros for each of the segments.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
weak!!! what a downer. oh well, there should be a new one in a few weeks. :kuku: