Advice on getting lifetime with XM

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a XpressRC and lifetiming it with best of Sirius. I'm only doing this because Sirius doesn't seem to want to come out with any new radios. Plus the XpressRC is incredible. Also I want to beat the new music roalty charge. So do you guys think it's worth it especially since the new music roalty charge is on the way? Also if I do that will I get free Internet too? If not thats ok. I have a lifetimed Sirius radio and I get free Internet with that. Thanks guys I know people here know their shit.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
You won't get the free Internet since you would have had to lock that in by March (it wouldn't hurt to ask, though).

I don't think it's clear how they are going to handle the music royalty charge. Couldn't it be possible that they assess that to Lifetimers too??

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You won't get the free Internet since you would have had to lock that in by March (it wouldn't hurt to ask, though).

I don't think it's clear how they are going to handle the music royalty charge. Couldn't it be possible that they assess that to Lifetimers too??

From what I hear, liftimers will be excempt from this charge. The price of a lifetime will go up $60 in July to compensate for the music royalty. The lifetime is only $50 more than the 3 year renewal so its a no-brainer.

Reactions: limegrass69

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Thank you for the info guys. I just figured that I better go ahead and get a new radio and lifetime it so I won't have to pay extra for the royalty fee. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a lifetimed radio on both. Thanks again.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thank you for the info guys. I just figured that I better go ahead and get a new radio and lifetime it so I won't have to pay extra for the royalty fee. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a lifetimed radio on both. Thanks again.

It makes more sense now that secondary radios if they ever merge the billing would be $8.99 instead of $6.99.