Adventures In Koopland

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I kinda want to move to Kissimmee.

Well I'd really like to move to Celebration (literally a town created by Disney, now they are their own "census designated place" no longer under Disney control) but it's too expensive. I can get a place in Kissimmee for almost the same price I'm paying now, only like $50 more a month. I currently work online, so now's the time to do it. I need to make sure they would be ok with Athena though.

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I kinda want to move to Kissimmee.

Well I'd really like to move to Celebration (literally a town created by Disney, now they are their own "census designated place" no longer under Disney control) but it's too expensive. I can get a place in Kissimmee for almost the same price I'm paying now, only like $50 more a month. I currently work online, so now's the time to do it. I need to make sure they would be ok with Athena though.
Haha, I was literally thinking about this yesterday! What's keeping Koop 2 hours (or whatever) from Disney? Why doesn't he move closer? It's not like the middle of Florida is ritzy, right?

The only thing I wasn't sure about was job prospects.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
And all my family is in Melbourne, FL, like an hour away from Kissimmee.

I do have a few family still in The Netherlands but I've only met them like once and they only speak Dutch (they are probably the only people in the nation who don't also speak English) so they don't really count.

Moving is a hassle though.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
they are probably the only people in the nation who don't also speak English
Or do they just not speak English for you?

I know you're doing a lot of remote work right now, but hoe are the rest of the job prospects out there?
Do you have many friends where you're at that don't get you into trouble?

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I should be, but honestly I haven't been looking. Thankfully I make enough at the moment where I haven't had to change my lifestyle very much.

Now if I were to move to central FL I need to get back out there pounding the pavement.

Do you have many friends where you're at that don't get you into trouble?

All told, I have pretty much 0 ties to Tamarac. I like it here and my roomies are nice but that's about it. I'm sure I could like it a couple hours north too.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Well, if you don't have any real ties there, maybe it isn't a bad idea to take in a fresh view of the scenery.
Maybe you start a casual long distance job search in the areas that you're interested in. If nothing comes up, you stay put. If a cool job offer comes along, maybe you transplant closer to family.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
A few updates:

1. I think I pissed off my Aunt. I was off the grid for like 20 days and she and my Uncle tried to call me a bunch and I didn't answer...for the best btw/cause it would not have been good for them to hear me in that state. I called them yesterday to wish them a Happy Easter and left a message and she didn't call back. That's not like her. I did briefly email with both she and my Uncle during that time though, so I wasn't completely cut off from communication. Whatever, eventually things are bound to get back to normal. Plus a big part of my finances are tied to them so they will be forced to talk to me at some point.

2. I only have 1 roommate now. He broke up with the girl he'd been with for like 10 years and she moved out. This wasn't a surprise. Both of them had been talking to me about how things were coming to an end for months now. It's kinda nice, I have the place to myself a lot more. This place is a true bachelor pad now.

3. I'm procrastinating on finishing my taxes. I finally got my W2 from my previous job after like a billion calls to the HR office. I use TaxAct and filled everything out to where I can hit the button to efile but I have 2 questions I need to ask the TaxAct help staff about. IDK, I'll do that in the next few days, I'm just not feeling it right now.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm seeing my aunt sally and uncle paul tomorrow! First time since Christmas. I was talking to them and told them I was heading to Disney tom and they said they dont mind I only have 1 shot so far since they have both and offered for me to come by. So I'll be stopping by early in the morning b4 I hit he parks. Melbourne is only abt 30 mins out of the way so it works out well. They also offered for me to sleep there instead of the motel and at some point I'll take them up on that and save some money but since i hop from park to park so often right now it's easier to have the motel since it's so close to all the parks.

Anyway, I'm happy I'll be seeing them for the first time in 4 months.