Additional SL2 Trick

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Hi all,

I think I discovered a new trick that improves the stability of my SL2. This trick has to be done in addition to the usual ones (regular shutdowns, no modification of programs while recording, etc.)

As you know, I do a lot of recording with my SL2 (over 10 hours a day). I do shutdown my SL2 often. What I discovered is that my SL2 didn't like, some time, being shut down while I was listening regularly (not recording anything). I guess that this is because it is somehow recording, even during regular listening, to provide its 60 minutes playback buffer. So, I started doing the following procedure for shutting down my SL2 "cleanly":
  1. Select the Internet radio feed. There's no need to wait for the SL2 to actually connect to a network.
  2. Press "Home" and navigate to Settings and select Wi-Fi Status.
  3. Press Options and Turn Off Wi-Fi.
  4. Press the Power button for 10 seconds to shutdown the SL2.
I've been doing that for several weeks and I noticed that my SL2's stability seems to have increased. I can't promise that it's the ultimate trick, but "it works for me".

I just wanted to share it. If you try it, please let me know if it works for you.

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
Nifty trick. I know going to Wi-Fi turns off the Satellite reception, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I've noticed switching to the library does not always turn off the reception right away, even if you're not recording anything.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Nifty trick. I know going to Wi-Fi turns off the Satellite reception, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I've noticed switching to the library does not always turn off the reception right away, even if you're not recording anything.

I always go to WiFi before going to Library. But I have always shutdown from sat mode. This seems like a bit too much work to avoid a device recovery.