Adding MP3's to your Slacker

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by TX WJ, Jan 20, 2009.

1. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I did not see a thread about just this, so I thought I would start one.

I have a G1. I transfered some of my mp3's to it, but I want some help.

Is there any way to get the proper album art to display?

How do you construct a playlist?

How do you get your favorite popcasts on this thing? I would love to get Mike and Mike, but I guess I will have to save mp3 and transfer them?

Thanks

2. styckx

styckx Member

I've come to the conclusion the mp3 player on the G2 is a complete waste. Hastily thrown together crap. You'll eventually just not care trying to figure it out. I'd assume it's the same for the G1 since I can't see them making it worse on the G2.

3. sphere79

sphere79 Member

I think they did actually, because I swear I can play VBR MP3's just fine on the G1. If I can deal with Windows Media Player long enough to use it. And I'm getting about 2 weeks of use out of he G1 before needing a full 6/7 hour "recovery" - wonderful.

Three words: MASS. STORAGE. COMPLIANCE. Slacker needs to look into it....

4. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I guess people aren't adding their own mp3's that much.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I have no need to add them and since my G2 only has 1gb for this purpose, I am using that to save songs from the Premium Slacker service.

6. snakester

snakester Member

I just tried messing around with the MP3 player built into the G2 and it sucks. I can't find a way to make the songs play in the order they are in the album other than making a playlist for EVERY SINGLE ALBUM... it's a shame too because it shows album art and everything, something the XM people should take a hint at with their color radios.