Adding MP3's to Micro SD card XMP3

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
My pc has vista on it. Whenever I try to load music on the sd card with xm2go music manager, the software crashes. Whenever I add mp3's to the sd card with windows, the radio won't detect the songs. The radio reads the card, and the icon goes from red to green as though the card is ok. Any suggestions?

Mikey394

Dec 19, 2008
Red Lion, Pa.
has anyone been able to get the xm2go music manager to work.
I can load songs, get the XMP3 to read the SD card but it says there are no songs listed.

I start the xm2go music manager again and it will see the songs on the SD card.

I've tried it with Windows XP and Vista. no luck...:idunno:

hep37

Apr 12, 2009
Okemos Michigan
Mine worked fine for a day or so then my luck seemed to run out. I would click "transfer" and after a while a message would pop up on the XM 2go music manager screen saying that the radio was "busy". The radio wasn't busy doing anything. Very frustating. I tried re-setting my computer, re-setting the radio etc and nothing seemed to help.

Mikey394

Dec 19, 2008
Red Lion, Pa.
Here’s the deal.
I have a Stiletto 2 also. When I bought my Stiletto 2 I had bought a 4 gb card for it. It worked fine in my Stiletto 2. I wanted more space so I bought a 8 gb card for the Stiletto 2.
I wanted to get the XMP3 and I had the old 4gb card I was not using so I tried everything to get songs loaded on it and have the XMP3 see the songs. I returned the unit to Best Buy and still could not get the XMP3 to see the songs I would load on the card. I read on another XM forum that there are different classes of cards. So I tried the 8gb card from my Stiletto 2. I used Sirius/Yahoo Music Manager to load the songs. The XMP3 can read and play all the songs with no errors.

My 8gb Sandisk Class 2 card works fine in my XMP3.
The XMP3 will not play the 4gb class 6 card I have.
So I need to get a Class 2 card for my XMP3.